Mesaba: Great Expectations....right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hulk Hogan,

Why are you on the computer? Don't you have an out and back to Cancun or Vegas to do for $36/day?:)

It's what I've been told, I don't really care if it's true or not.

It's what I've been told, I don't really care if it's true or not.
The rumor is true for now. About half of the Skywest fleet will be painted in NWA colors. Take a guess why.

The rumor is true for now. About half of the Skywest fleet will be painted in NWA colors. Take a guess why.

I know what you're getting at, but I think they'll probably keep the Delta name and colors.

I know what you're getting at, but I think they'll probably keep the Delta name and colors.

What will you do when these "non-union" boys turn up on your doorstep, flying the same colors FOR LESS!!
Not only that, but they'll gladly vote in a 1% paycut, I mean, "raise", with a HUGE "block override", just to get the growth!

I can hear you now "we have to organize them! Duane, what'll we do?"

Here's a newsflash - these guys are 1 degree of separation from teaching in a 172! This is their first airline gig and they get to go home to whomever pays their bills, and be told just how proud mommy and daddy are of their little (insert name here), who flies real planes now! You know ............ just like you used to do PCL_128!
You're gonna feel what it's like to be undercut by people who just don't give a damn about you, or yours, because now they get to fly that shiney jet! YUM!!
How will you feel when 9E puts you back in the right seat? Or when ALPA stabs you in the back, because those senior to you can't bear to be downgraded/displaced?

Have fun PFT'rs!!

I can hear you now "we have to organize them! Duane, what'll we do?"

Already working on that, junior.

Here's a newsflash - these guys are 1 degree of separation from teaching in a 172! This is their first airline gig and they get to go home to whomever pays their bills, and be told just how proud mommy and daddy are of their little (insert name here), who flies real planes now!

As usual, you have no clue what you're talking about. Most newhires at Skywest aren't "1 degree of separation from teaching in a 172." Most of them came from previous 121 airlines. Some of them come from Pinnacle, in fact.

How will you feel when 9E puts you back in the right seat?

Hate to break it to you, but this company will go out of business before I end up displaced to the right seat. NWA can't take us below 79 airframes without shareholder lawsuits, and I'm still a lineholder in the left seat with that fleet size.

Nope, new aircraft from what I've been told.

Latest resources

Back