Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whaleroast

I like cupcakes
So I'm furloughed from Mesaba and I'm trying to get a job (outside of aviation incidentally) and I'm in the second interview with a company and the HR woman says "You say you are furloughed but when we contacted Mesaba they told us you took a leave of absence." I explained the situation and offered to show her the furlough letter if she wanted to see it. She declined and I got the job, but I wonder if anyone else has had this happen.

Was it a voluntary furlough? If so, I can see Mesaba's response. If not, then Mesaba is full of crap. But then again, we've known that for years.

MM

No, not voluntary. Wondering if they have interns working in HR now.

Probably have interns doing most jobs. Soon, interns will be trained to fly the Saabs cause they furloughed too many pilots. XJ is now cancelling significant numbers of flights because of a pilot shortage. The guys at the top are probing sick call numbers right now to determine what the problem is... My heart bleeds for our company...

Back to your question, I have no idea why they said that other than to prevent you from getting a job. After all, they'll need you back shortly... although they won't say that.

MM

Do you really think this company can continue to play chicken with this pilot group and let them them flee and send them down the road on furlough ?

SK was telling me yesterday that Planning wasn't planning on this much attrition. I guess this is the same group that cancels vacation every year because of higher than planned attrition.

If those jerks would stop leaving Mesaba for Continental and Southwest, we wouldn't have these problems! I blame it all on those guys! What're they thinking? Screw them and their shiny 737NGs! (And don't forget to write my letter of rec!)

;)

Funny just last summer planning was saying because of all the growth vacations had to be cancelled. Sounds like more of that Mesaba math, because of rapid contraction we must also cancel vacations and junior man.
:puke:Mesaba planning.

Latest resources

Back