• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furloughs To Be Offered Employment By Colgan & Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, over all, is this a good thing for our furloughs? From here is seems like a pretty good deal for a pilot who wasn't going to be recalled any time soon...or am I missing something? Anyone hear from people who are taking it?

So, over all, is this a good thing for our furloughs? From here is seems like a pretty good deal for a pilot who wasn't going to be recalled any time soon...or am I missing something? Anyone hear from people who are taking it?

Unless the furloughed pilots are absolutely desperate to get back to flying I would think twice about coming to the 9E side of things for now, I can't speak for the 9L side. The pilots that come to 9E will be replacing our overly used and beat up reserve pilots. I would suggest enjoying life for a couple more years and riding out the furlough until management forces a recall.

Just my two cents, but if you don't believe me ask a 2-3 year reserve pilot how life is at Pinnacle.

Unless the furloughed pilots are absolutely desperate to get back to flying I would think twice about coming to the 9E side of things for now, I can't speak for the 9L side. The pilots that come to 9E will be replacing our overly used and beat up reserve pilots. I would suggest enjoying life for a couple more years and riding out the furlough until management forces a recall.

Just my two cents, but if you don't believe me ask a 2-3 year reserve pilot how life is at Pinnacle.

The 9L side of things was just as bad until they started hiring... they needed to backfill about 60 pilots to bring us up to proper staffing IMO...

So is this managements attempt to get the aquistion off on the right foot with labor or is this a sign that Mesaba will be shrinking forsure down to 41 plus 19 = 60 aircraft? I guess what I'm getting at is, it doesn't seem cost effective to train a pilot that will be recalled sooner then later at Mesaba. I'm guessing they are figuring that Mesaba won't be recalling for a long time and they will get there investment back on training a mesaba furloughed over at Pinnacle or Colgan.

So is this managements attempt to get the aquistion off on the right foot with labor or is this a sign that Mesaba will be shrinking forsure down to 41 plus 19 = 60 aircraft? I guess what I'm getting at is, it doesn't seem cost effective to train a pilot that will be recalled sooner then later at Mesaba. I'm guessing they are figuring that Mesaba won't be recalling for a long time and they will get there investment back on training a mesaba furloughed over at Pinnacle or Colgan.

Exactly, brings up some interesting questions.

9E needs pilots badly and many XJ furloughs are eligible for the short course CRJ program. ALPA worked to keep any pilots under the Corp umbrella with the first opportunity back into the cockpit.

The way I read this is the furloughed Mesaba pilots will get preferential hiring. You get to keep your seniority for the purposes of pay and benefits but you are like a new hire in every other way. So here’s my question: Will one group of Mesaba pilots be treated differently than another Mesaba group? Think asset transfer! Why would they get a better deal than their fellow brothers and sisters? Just asking!

Latest resources

Back