mesaba crj program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xcr600

so what is the word with XJ's CRJ program? i dont think they have started flying them yet have they, hard to tell with all the 9e AC around. will there be any respect with this fleet among the regional croud? hopefully they dont give up and settle to paying the pilots some crappy wage.

xcr600 said:
so what is the word with XJ's CRJ program? i dont think they have started flying them yet have they, hard to tell with all the 9e AC around. will there be any respect with this fleet among the regional croud? hopefully they dont give up and settle to paying the pilots some crappy wage.

The word is first revenue flights some time during the end of October. Possibly Oct 30th according to our latest bid package news. I have heard from various training department folks that 601XJ is being flight tested or already has by now, needs paint and should arrive at the end of the month or early Sept. The 2nd and 3rd CRJ are being built or close to being finished. Training seemed to be a little behind schedule but I believe all of the instructors, check airmen, etc are close to being done, if not they're not done already. Everything is all a big secret around here.

As for respect, I'll let the Flightinfo community duke that out. Mesaba seems to have quite a bit of respect among the general crowd as you never see daily "Mesaba Sucks" or "Mesaba pilots are a bunch of wh@res". :eek:

If you want to measure Mesaba's CRJ capabilities by it's payrates and contract http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/75/18/ (since all discussions boil down to that) well we're pretty much right in the middle of the storm. I just hope our CRJ pilots remember to set their altimeters to 29.92 when climbing through FL180 ;) before taking any high altitude pictures.

Last edited:
Are The newhires getting those CRJ seats or is seniority taking the cake?

So far, the CRJ is taking nothing but new hires into the right seat, no FO's have bid for it yet. But they are also hiring into all three fleets. Last award was 4 CRJ, 4 ARJ, 12 Saab. CRJ training is not behind, in fact it's ahead from what I'm told. They are running two classes a month. The APD's/Check airmen just started sim training monday. 8 New hires started last week. Next NH class starts on August 29th, Captains a week after that. 1st delivery is right around the 1st of September. Latest from the fleet manager was no later than the 6th. They have a bunch of stuff do to with the first plane before they start proving runs. Proving runs start towards the 2nd or 3rd week of September. Not sure what's so secret about it. All this is public knowledge.

Hey Workinstiff,
Are the proving runs working on flight sim? I hope you are not just getting Saab FO pay for that! Say hi to EV when you talk to him next time for me!

Sup my brotha!

Just went to a Twink's game with him tonight. I'll let him know!

Gimme a shout sometime when you get a break in the trainin'!

Latest resources

Back