Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

201 Poplar

Once a Rugby Zulu Warrior
terrible, awful, and they stink up the joint!!

thats not nice. They have a tough job. Especially when its not a career choice for them. So the effort isnt there. but nevertheless itsnot as easy as putting a 2 pilots in the flightdeck and FA in the cabin. Its like Crew schedulers say, y can u pilots block out and block in on time? all the do is watch a computer fly a plane.

201 Poplar said:

They are actually very good at what they do. Remember, they are just the messengers. Their job is to staff each flight. It is not their fault the airline is short of qualified pilots. It is not their fault they have to junior man (they hate it as much as we do).

Relax and give them a break. Take your anger out on those who do make the decisions like the SLT.

201 Poplar said:

201, maybe you need to go sit with your crew schedulers for a couple of hours and see what they have to go through everyday.

Reread the fourth and fifth sentences to Butters' last post. Scheduler's do not have an easy job.

Granted, ours isn't the greatest either as I'm looking at my January schedule... The particular 3 day trip I'm looking at is scheduled to 23:48... I guess it's more crew planning that I should be pissed at rather than scheduling...

For the most part, I think our schedulers ROCK! They are faced with an impossible task of covering flights for a company that perpetually understaffs them. Add to that the proposed concessions they are forcing on an already overtaxed employee group and...guess what...up go the sick calls. I would not want their job for one minute.

I'll give a kudos to our schedulers. You've always been very professional in trying to cover for a completely inept management.

It's not really fair to blame the crew schedulers or the crew planners. Flight crew staffing levels are determined at a higher level than that.

Crew planners basically get told: You have x amount of flying hours to cover this month, and you have Y amount of crews to do it with. Now go build a flight crew schedule

Once that is done, the crew scheduler's job is to fill in the holes that crew planning couldn't, cover sick calls, and cover trips caused by management B.S.

Don't blame the schedulers.

Latest resources

Back