• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba 900 off runway DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big question. Were the FOs epaulettes on backward to signify that he/she was a "9" pilot?

All kidding aside. I am glad no one got hurt.

Mesaba 900 off runway DTW
Anybody know what happened??

They were on the runway then they were not...that is what happened, when the investigation is over then we will know what happened.

One thing that I have noticed from this hellish winter, is that runways are in better shape than taxiways. What seems like good traction, turns to crap as soon as you transition off the runway to a taxiway.

From the link...

Emergency responders check out NWA flight 3621 after sliding off the runway at 11:15am on Sunday Feb 22. It was a slow speed slide with no damage. Attached is a picture from passenger Kyle Rhodes from inside the aircraft. This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless! To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture. Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime? 6.5 or higher is required.

Interference from a cell phone caused a malfunction of the anti-skid system and forced the aircraft off the runway. Thankfully everyone survived. The pilots are heroes!

just a slow speed slide....

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-217989

What sucks is those pilots will have the next few weeks off putting up with all the BS.

We landed on thatrunway about an hour before they slid off and heard all kinds of go-arounds because of it. That runway was in terrible condition. Braking action fair to poor but especially during the transition to the taxi way. We just rolled and had to stop on the runway before turning. Slow down..

One thing that I have noticed from this hellish winter, is that runways are in better shape than taxiways. What seems like good traction, turns to crap as soon as you transition off the runway to a taxiway.

This is so true, watch out when using A4 in DTW.. the runways have been fine, but that highspeed has been terrible all winter.. a pinnacle 200 went off the runway/taxiway earlier this winter at A4, and now Mesaba..I talked to an A320 Capt on the crew bus who almost went off the pavement at A4 too.. so its everyone, not just the "inexperienced" regional pilots having issues with that highspeed.

Latest resources

Back