• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa wonderful TA lol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Five Bucks says Mesa will vote this piece of **it in. I say this because nowhere in Mesa's history has their pilot group ever been able to correlate their behaviour with the total degredation of the profession. They just want to fly those new shiny 70+ seat jets. That's all the compensation they require. So I say go ahead, fight for all the rj's you want. You will be making your own bed. If you endorse this contract, you deserve this contract. Bottom line.

-------------

Thanks for the nice words to us at Mesa.
One a whore, always a whore ehh? People like you makes me vote yes on this contract without even reading it.....

People like you makes me vote yes on this contract without even reading it.....

You've just proven my point. Where's my five bucks? Enjoy your sentence, oops, I mean "contract".

I guess Freedom now is "alright" for pilots coming in from the outside.. Are the "foundation" pilots from Freedom still going to be looked down upon and "black listed" for accepting employent prior to this contract being put into place.?

Doesn't look like too bad of a contract however I am sure the pay rates are not what most were looking for.

How does this compare to the Comair & ASA pay scales and bid system.?
----------------

It is because of the Freedom pilots that our NC was not able to get a better contract proposal.PERIOD. I will always carry my Freedom list with me. It is very hard to fight alter-ego like them. Alter-egos provides enourmous leverage and our current ( old ) contract did not have any scope to prevent mng from creating Freedom in the first place.
Personally I would not apply @ them until everything is settled since this contract still have to be voted for. Personally I can not even visualize myself transfering over on their certificate in the future since I feel sick to my stomac even of thinking of that name....Couldn't care less what planes they fly.

There defenitely are improvements in this proposal but most pilots also would like to se a better type of cancellation pay or maybe minimum hrs pr day.
Some important objective we did get: Scope, to capture the Freedom flying and to get our CCair brother back flying into one Mesa seniority list. These objectives does not come cheap.
The payscales are lower than ASA & Comair, I belive they are based on average of TSA and CHQ.

This is Mesas 2d contract. As I said, I did not exactly expect too much more than proposed since our negotiation comitee have to fight Freedom Airlines, the situation our partners are in, defenitely not in our favor...Neither was our 100+ furlough brothers @ CCAir...

Hopefully most Mesa pilots will wait for our Mec roadshow before making their decition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People like you makes me vote yes on this contract without even reading it.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've just proven my point. Where's my five bucks? Enjoy your sentence, oops, I mean "contract".
----------------

If new shiny 70-seaters jets was all I cared for, I would have allready been among the very few of them ( 4% of all Mesa pilots ) that accepted those freedom positions.
But I know you could not care less about any Mesa pilots......

hhab,
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it... Obviously in the back of my mind I did feel that those "initial" Freedom pilots who went against the grain and undercut Mesa would still be perceived as "evil". I was just not completely sure "IF" (which seems to be a big "if" ) you guys do approve of this contract and Freedom does become part of the Mesa Air Group if people who applied to Freedom and accepted a job that they would also be black listed and looked down upon by other Mesa pilots which seems will still be the case. I guess there is much much more than meets the eye.... I do not think that is fair that a FO on a 1900 PIT based could not bid the right seat of an RJ. Seems like this will create much more animosity and bitterness.

I truly hope that in the future you all will get what you have earned and deserved.

thanks again,

3 5 0

Ps>> trying to locate an old friend who is/or was a 1900 captain
Bryan Benner, I think he was Farmington based who was trying to get back to PIT last I heard.- Lost his email address/phone number and any help would be appreciated.??

Bryan shoot me a PM if u are on the board :cool: :D

:eek: Wait, this is a real T.A.? I thought it was a gag!

A couple of questions.... First, what are the current pay rates for Mesa and Freedom? Second, can anyone on here that has the freedom list please post it so those of us at other airlines who support you guys can carry it with us? I know ALPA National opposes Freedom, so I believe that they would actually have to grant amnesty to those guys before they couls come back into the fold. Those with no airline experience who were hired off the street would probably be accepted in pretty easily, but those who jumped ship from ALPA and stabed us all in the back might have a problem during an integration, and since they have no union protection, it is concievable that the 4% would not be alowed back in, and would loose their jobs. Sounds like justice to me. :cool:

There is no doubt that this TA is a POS, but it all comes down to bargaining power. Thanks to the Freedom guys, we basically don't have any. Also, we had to make some sacrifices to get the CCAir guys their much deserved jobs back.

I wouldn't have had any problem with that contract if it were only a 2-year deal, but 4 and a half sucks.

Just makes me that much more motivated to get the hell out Mesa. When are they forecasting the industry upturn?

Just makes me that much more motivated to get the hell out Mesa. When are they forecasting the industry upturn?

Every RJ that goes to Mesa will make it harder and harder to Leave Mesa. These jets are replacing the good jobs. The larger the Rj, the longer you can expect to enjoy your life at Mesa. Hopefully, the guys that fight the hardest for more and larger rj's are the lifers. That way they get to reap the full benefit of what they have fought so hard to sow. If some RJDC guys get their way, that "industry upturn" you are hoping for will never come. Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back