• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ancient History

Yes, that was him.

Guys,

That was ancient history, you guys need to get with the times. Muname has been gone for 3 years, and Mesa is a different compan today. But a reputation is a difficult thing to change.

Guys,

That was ancient history, you guys need to get with the times. Muname has been gone for 3 years, and Mesa is a different compan today. But a reputation is a difficult thing to change.

Not so ancient history with Mesa. He is still going after the "Aloha Airlines" Trademark.

Actually the court prevented Mesa from using the Aloha imagery/name. I think Aloha's old parent company wound up buying it.

Actually the court prevented Mesa from using the Aloha imagery/name. I think Aloha's old parent company wound up buying it.

Actually Yucaipa took it against money owed. They are under court order not to sell it to mesa but you know..

Mesa almost had it in 2009 but the judge reversed a public sale after mesa and Yucaipa attorneys closed the doors on a hnl newspaper reporter...

History is still being written.

Last edited:
Two years ago is still ancient in the airline biz

Actually Yucaipa took it against money owed. They are under court order not to sell it to mesa but you know..

Mesa almost had it in 2009 but the judge reversed a public sale after mesa and Yucaipa attorneys closed the doors on a hnl newspaper reporter...

Mesa has come a long long way in two years, why do you persist in bringing up the past.

Mesa has come a long long way in two years, why do you persist in bringing up the past.

I'm not a Mesa hata'.... I just consider myself a realist. The company has many -- if not most -- of the same people in key positions, has pissed off most major "partner" airlines in the country, and is at the mercy of Doug Parker... how is this a bright future?

S.E.C vs Jonathan G. Ornstein (1992) Ironic how this dumas drove it all into the ground, fleeced it for all he could is now PART OWNER of the New Mesa? Life is fair.....

Guys,

You say mesa is a different place. I say this place is different after MESA.

Aloha!

Had JO just waited a few days before announcing the deal with Yucaipa, the sale would have gone through. His haste is what got him in trouble, twice.

Latest resources

Back