• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Vs. Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe most of their contracts expire in 2012. Why pay money for airplane leases and expiring contracts?

Just to add one more rumor...

I heard from an ASA mechanic about two weeks ago, that he was aware of a high-level meeting in which it was discussed that ASA had just put in an offer to purchase Mesa. When I asked whether it meant just the assets or the entire airline, he said, "the entire airline." For what that's worth...

I certainly hope this is not true. Going into a new contract the last thing we need is an integration with a pilot group, which has been beat down and shown a willingness to repeatedly lower the bar.

Atlantic Southeast can't buy anyone. Atlantic Southeast is a subsidiary of Skywest, Inc. Skywest, Inc. would be the only entity to buy anything. Whether they merge said asset with Atlantic Southeast, or keep it separate is up to them.

So you guys get Vietnam AND Mesa.........????????

NO FAIR!!!! :(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SKW has generally held the opinion that they would not buy mesa because it would be too big of a hassle to clean it up.

But if the BK process gets the financial house in order, and SGU can work out an ADVANCE arrangement with US to renew the 900 flying in 2012 I can see how they might go for it.

With all those ducks lined up, the only thing left to do would be tar and feather OJ, and clean out the rest of top management.

Does anyone know how much cash on hand they had at the 1Q earnings call? Or do they not do earnings calls during Ch.11?

I seem to remember 900'ish Million cash on hand with 875'ish liabilities.

Die Freedumb DIE!

The stench of Freedumb, the illegitimate origins and the Ba $tard $ that made it happen will forever be remembered a s a LOW POINT in Pilot history. The A listers who made it possible, the spineless Mesa Pilots who voted "yes" on the contract that allowed them, make me ill. The A listers didn't seem to have it so bad, FedEx, Virgin, and a WHOLE HOST of other airlines hired them. A cautionary tale of greed, JO the Pied Piper and selfishness unbounded. Never forget the Freedumb A listers it you care ONE BIT about this profession....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back