Mesa upgrade time just got MUCH shorter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kevin_p

They put out a big captain award today. ORD CRJ captain is now going under 2 years. It looks like Mesa is joining Skywest and Chautauqua with the quick jet upgrade. Now if only we could get the same pay and workrules....

I have a buddy thats a captain there who told me that the other day.....almost the exact same statement. Mesa...proof does not always mean bigger is better.

Its great I flew down to 200 and a 1/2 the other day. Mesa pilots need to be paid more and have quicker upgrade time to make the skies safer.

Mesa's upgrade time just went way down because of 9/11. They didn't hire anyone for almost a yr and a half after. CRJ CA just got past that point on the list and in one bid went from 3.5 yrs to 2 yrs. Magic. -Bean

Mesa Fan Club said:
Its great I flew down to 200 and a 1/2 the other day. Mesa pilots need to be paid more and have quicker upgrade time to make the skies safer.

Get a life tool. -Bean

kevin_p said:
It looks like Mesa is joining Skywest and Chautauqua with the quick jet upgrade. Now if only we could get the same pay and workrules....

Let me be the first to congratulate you on what has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read on this, or any, forum. Did you actually beieve that your status as Undisputed Champion, Seven-time Winner of the Tour de Bottom came without consequences?

The ink wasn't even dry on a Comair contract won at a considerable cost when your airline chose to grab onto their ankles and drag them back down rather than stand on their shoulders and build on their sacrifices.

Want to know what your "quick upgrade" really means? It means you and a couple thousand others will be first in line for jobs that pay less than half in real dollars than what they paid ten years ago. You go, girl.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back