Mesa training pulldown at IWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All is very well at Mesa.

Also, all Mesa operations continue to perform at outstanding (industry leading) levels. The United contract was recently extended. The US Airways contract is in place through 2015 with three (1) year extension options.

BS. When you don't have ACARS, lying becomes standard. Air Shuttle 2924 out at :30. Really? Its :36 and you still haven't moved from the gate. Just the tip of the iceberg for a company too cheap to even put logo lights on their 900's.

Karma Karma Karma!

BS. When you don't have ACARS, lying becomes standard. Air Shuttle 2924 out at :30. Really? Its :36 and you still haven't moved from the gate. Just the tip of the iceberg for a company too cheap to even put logo lights on their 900's.

Karma Karma Karma!

Ancient history,

All Mesa 700 and 900 aircraft have ACARS. There are only 9 aircraft without ACARS and most of them are in Hawaii and are not included in our industry leading performance. BTW, How does ACARS impact completion factor?

Next time you call BS on something I post do your homework. You only make yourself look bad.

Ancient history,

All Mesa 700 and 900 aircraft have ACARS. There are only 9 aircraft without ACARS and most of them are in Hawaii and are not included in our industry leading performance. BTW, How does ACARS impact completion factor?

Next time you call BS on something I post do your homework. You only make yourself look bad.

Far from ancient history. Just ask PHX.

Spin it anyway you want, but the end is near for Mesa.

Far from ancient history. Just ask PHX.

Spin it anyway you want, but the end is near for Mesa.

Ahh buxflyr you are what is wrong with giving pilots bad names for looking stupid. Go get an education then come back an post stuff with actual facts. All of mainland is ACARS except for the 2 crj 200's until June of 2012 when the last 2 crj's go away. So yes Mesa's numbers are better then yours. You are still stuck in the 80's man! Grow up!

When I left Mesa late last year I had just over 7 years there. We use to fly CRJ200s in the United System. We parked on those gates in the alley by the F concourse. The one right next to the Eagle side where the airport transitions from United to American. Passengers had to walkabout 150 yards across the ramp to get to our planes. In the rain, snow, or whatever. If you had a quick turn or another plane started to board near your departure time you were definitely late from those gates. The loss of the CRJ 200s resulted in us departing in the CRJ700s from the end of the C concourse. Jetways and no traffic jams made a huge difference. Passengers complained a lot less than when they had to walk in the rain or snow outside and were already fighting mad when they boarded our planes. Our UP scores were bad. Now Express Jet and others get the beating from angry passengers who had to walk, they get stuck in traffic jams on the F gates and subsequently have bad numbers and angry passengers. When I left Mesa we had had ACARS in all planes for a very long time in the United System. Our numbers were consistently better than average and we were almost always 1 or 2 in on time percentage. That was against other pure 700 and 170 operators. The 170s got jetways more often than we did because the 700s had an airstair. We almost always departed on time in ORD.

The last contract made significant improvement over the previous one. We got a line guarantee. If you were awarded an 88 hour line you were paid at least 88 hours. Reserves got 11 days off per month. The pay rates were lower than other carriers however the line guarantee made up for or exceeded that gap. Because of the line guarantee Mesa had to pay you the greater of your original trip or the modification to it. As a result typical crew members would go for months and never hear a peep from crew tacking. They did not modify our schedules very often.

The Mesa of today is significantly different than the one I was hired into back in late 2004. I was based in PHL with the U.S. Airways code share in CRJ200s and I almost never went on time and always made min guarantee. When I left we almost always departed on time and made well over min guarantee.

That being said I still wouldnt consider it to be a good place to work. I will share with you a quote from a friend of mine from the PHL days who is now an elected union rep. "This Company has problems that are too big to fix."

Buxflyr I will not hurl insults at you as your comments are true but years out of date. Mesa has ACARS and consistently out performs their competitors in on time departures.

Last edited:
Back on topic. ASU is hitting Mesa up for a huge increase in rent for training center and sim. JO's not willing to pay it (duh). Sims more then likely to move to US Airways training center. New buildings are being scouted for a training center. Recall classes after Apr are on hold for the moment as logistics are worked out. A sim move is not a quick process plus recertification by FAA.

When I left Mesa late last year I had just over 7 years there. We use to fly CRJ200s in the United System. We parked on those gates in the alley by the F concourse. The one right next to the Eagle side where the airport transitions from United to American. Passengers had to walkabout 150 yards across the ramp to get to our planes. In the rain, snow, or whatever. If you had a quick turn or another plane started to board near your departure time you were definitely late from those gates. The loss of the CRJ 200s resulted in us departing in the CRJ700s from the end of the C concourse. Jetways and no traffic jams made a huge difference. Passengers complained a lot less than when they had to walk in the rain or snow outside and were already fighting mad when they boarded our planes. Our UP scores were bad. Now Express Jet and others get the beating from angry passengers who had to walk, they get stuck in traffic jams on the F gates and subsequently have bad numbers and angry passengers. When I left Mesa we had had ACARS in all planes for a very long time in the United System. Our numbers were consistently better than average and we were almost always 1 or 2 in on time percentage. That was against other pure 700 and 170 operators. The 170s got jetways more often than we did because the 700s had an airstair. We almost always departed on time in ORD.

The last contract made significant improvement over the previous one. We got a line guarantee. If you were awarded an 88 hour line you were paid at least 88 hours. Reserves got 11 days off per month. The pay rates were lower than other carriers however the line guarantee made up for or exceeded that gap. Because of the line guarantee Mesa had to pay you the greater of your original trip or the modification to it. As a result typical crew members would go for months and never hear a peep from crew tacking. They did not modify our schedules very often.

The Mesa of today is significantly different than the one I was hired into back in late 2004. I was based in PHL with the U.S. Airways code share in CRJ200s and I almost never went on time and always made min guarantee. When I left we almost always departed on time and made well over min guarantee.

That being said I still wouldnt consider it to be a good place to work. I will share with you a quote from a friend of mine from the PHL days who is now an elected union rep. "This Company has problems that are too big to fix."

Buxflyr I will not hurl insults at you as your comments are true but years out of date. Mesa has ACARS and consistently out performs their competitors in on time departures.

Mesa is far better than it was. Many more improvements are needed. However I love being awarded 95 hours of flying and paid nearly 100 guaranteed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back