• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to go to China

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The real effect here will not be on pilots working inside North America. Countries in Asia, India, the Middle East have a severe shortage of experienced and qualified pilots. Therefore, they pay a healthy premiuim to get expat pilots from more developed countries to come in and fly their airplanes.

For a very long time this has been a hidden cash cow where guys can bank over a million+ US dollars tax free in a relatively short period of time (compared to working in the US).

The contracts have traditionally included housing, per diem, big blocks of vacation, tax free salaries, regular business class travel back to the home country several times a year, school costs and health insurance for the whole family.

Basically, MESA is exporting their cheap pilot force and will be destroying the premiums and benefits Expat pilots have always been paid. They helped lower the bar in North America, now they have decided to go Global with their Walmart style work force.

As an Expat working overseas, this really worries me. They are no better than the third world pilots that have started to under cut in India.

So I guess JO has run out of US airlines to piss off and is now starting to branch out internationally.

Fun.

Mesa is gonna get hit in the US and needs a place to send their jets and the chinese will takes all the jets possible. I hope mesa doesnt screw up the good expat wages in china. Can you imagine flying on a bowl of noodles a day

How about flying them to Taiwan after they invade! Screw the Chicoms man!
They are just using us.

One rumor has it that mesa planes, mesa pilots, and mesa mechanics will start the operation, but the FA's will be chinese so they will understand what the pax are complaining about. After things are up and running, who knows what kind of dirt will be found in the corners.

Mgmt. just asked for resumes from guys wanting to become IOE Captains. Not sure why they did this though, training is so slow that they are putting the sim instructors on the front line.

Our plan to get rid of mgmt. was about to work too, darnit; keep the industry informed of how bad it is here so no-one wants to work here, then they can't hire anyone, so they make us all fly until we're timed out or fatigued, then no planes can fly by the end of the year because ther are no legal crews. None of the majors want to do bizz with JO as it is so we aren't getting any new contracts, then we start losing the contracts we do have ecause the planes are sitting on the ramp, this will require the board will have to make changes at the top. The only problem is that we have a huge confilct of interest here in that the BOD is made up of all of JO's buddies so they won't boot him out as long as he is making them money. If only the SEC new about THAT situation.

So, yes, it wouldn't surprise me to see a chinese FO sitting next to me some day. I would say that the pilot shortage in china could work in our favor, but they are starting to realize that women can fly airplanes too and are opening the trapdoor in the glass ceiling.

And of course we can all count on those "Freedumb A" scumbags to help mgmt. get things started.

And of course we can all count on those "Freedumb A" scumbags to help mgmt. get things started.

ttuite, are you and your buddies up for the job?

Last edited:
They'd probably find a local flight school, hook up a sim there, hire locals and pay them 80 cents an hour. They will probably find a way to do it.

Yeah, but they will have to have American pilots just to taxi. Ever seen a chinese guy drive.

Oh,

That's it I am going straight to hell

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back