• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to go to China

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that Mesa has slowed, if not stopped all jet hiring?

If that's true with their attrition rates, then it speaks volumes that there's a shakeup in the works.

If MAG owns 49% of the company, and it's not operated under the MAG umbrella, then how will the CBA be an issue. They are starting a new venture with a partner airline, and only providing aircraft and support such as training. This seems to be simply an investment for MAG in order to diversify their operations. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't know anything about the Mesa CBA.

So they will use Mesa pilots to start up operation, until they can get Chinese pilots trained. Once these Chinese pilots are trained, what's to keep them from flying US routes.

Is this outsourcing Mesa flying and bypassing cabotage, or am I just paranoid?

Is it true that Mesa has slowed, if not stopped all jet hiring?

If that's true with their attrition rates, then it speaks volumes that there's a shakeup in the works.

I don't think so, I just started a thread about Air Midwest hiring and the guy from mesa says they don't have enough RJ guys and the next classes will probably go all RJ.

Holly cow! Think about the commute!

Yeeeouzzzzzzzz!

yep, and with getting paid crap and still having to pay the taxes, they'll be breaking even at best. But with 8 days off and having to commute, they at least won't have to have a place to live, so rent wont be an issue.

Crappy company, horrible QOL, evil CEO, but hot CEO daughter...

Holly cow! Think about the commute!

Yeeeouzzzzzzzz!

They'd probably find a local flight school, hook up a sim there, hire locals and pay them 80 cents an hour. They will probably find a way to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back