• Watchers 29

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mozzer said:
FYI, i spend most of my time checking out the ladies in CLT, MCO, AUS, PHL....not the pilots.

You keep looking at those Ladies with that Mesa Jacket on. You "gets" none!
Jacka$s

Hi.
I am not trying to start a war here but I was just wondering why Mesa has such a bad reputation? From what I read, poeple often talk about the wages. I was comparing the payscales between Mesa and PSA and they are not much different. So why PSA is not getting bashed as Mesa is?
This is not a flame bait just an honest question.

I happen to know a quite a few Mesa pilots most are very professional, ok they do have a few randoms but don't we all.
Instead of us ripping the S__t out of each other, why don't we all stand together. Tell the managers and our MEC's thats enough is enough this is all there getting. Maybe then they'll realize that cutting labor cost isn't the only way to increase profit. They may have to be creative to create more revenue, after all they are managers. For them to do this we ALL as a collective group (pilot group) have to fix the cost of labor.
Anyone think this is possible?

saviboy said:
Hi.
I am not trying to start a war here but I was just wondering why Mesa has such a bad reputation? From what I read, poeple often talk about the wages. I was comparing the payscales between Mesa and PSA and they are not much different. So why PSA is not getting bashed as Mesa is?
This is not a flame bait just an honest question.

Because PSA is not trying to take over the world.

You also can't just compare hourly rates. PSA pilots would get paid for more hours of work due to better work rules.

Windbreaker

How much are mesa windbreakers selling for on eBay?

Maybe you could all donate them to the redcross or some other group.

doug_or said:
You also can't just compare hourly rates. PSA pilots would get paid for more hours of work due to better work rules.

Thats what I thought. Can someone elaborate a little?

I think you'll be amazed at the similarities between a company such as Mesa versus Wal-Mart.

You are a total idiot. Yes Mesa and Walmart are the same. Wal-mart will screw the supplier out of paying him until his product clears the shelf. Kind of like you holding for two hours and getting paid for an hour of flight. How are those block times working out. Also you Idiot Wal-Mart may not pay the supplier for three years yet the supplier has to pay his workers, and in his contract the supplier can't sell to anyone else. By the way how is that U.S. air flying out CLT doing?. I'm glad you choose to make the comparision between Wal-mart and mesa. Remember back in the mid 90's when Wal-marts slogan was american made, but actually make in China. Your right you are like Wal-mart will to sell your life to someone so they can get rich. I hope JO keeps up his low wages for all of you.

My buddy flies for Mesa and I used to work at Mesaba. As captains, he always made 5-10 dollars per hour more than myself. As FO's he was always ahead by a couple of bucks. I was a Saab pilot and he was/is in a 50 seat jet.

That being said, I always earned much more on the W2's and averaged 40 more days off per year. Why??? Their contract is in the stone ages. 22% of them had some courage in '03 to put a stop to the madness. 78% thought that this contract was right in line with what an airline pilot contract should look like. $1.15 for per diem. What a joke.

And yes, he says the same thing about the uniforms. He is absolutely embarrassed to be associated with the windbreaker guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back