• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA sues DAL-stock tumbling!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there was a smart airline CEO out there, they would buy Mesa and liquidate it to remove the 50-seat feed.

If there was a smart airline CEO out there, they would buy Mesa and liquidate it to remove the 50-seat feed.

Please explain how this would work.

Any "purchaser" of Mesa would also be purchasing the contracts that Mesa is obligated to fulfill.

So I'm wondering why a "smart airline CEO" would be interested in purchasing a bunch of unprofitable routes that he'd have to fly with horribly inefficient aircraft. How, exactly, would this improve his bottom line?

Just curious.

Reason # 573 why I thank Raptor Jesus everyday that pilots don't run the airline.

Exact scenario was planned for PCL in 2003 by XJT management except that PCL stock was considered overpriced.

Soverytired said:
Please explain how this would work.

Any "purchaser" of Mesa would also be purchasing the contracts that Mesa is obligated to fulfill.

So I'm wondering why a "smart airline CEO" would be interested in purchasing a bunch of unprofitable routes that he'd have to fly with horribly inefficient aircraft. How, exactly, would this improve his bottom line?

Just curious.

Airline A (the pruchaser) has underutilized airframes. Purchases Airline B, sells off assets, covers contracts with existing aircraft thereby increasing utilization. Decreases RJ "glut" and increases RASM for "surviving" carrier due to increased utilization and load factor.

Scope issues would be the only real obstacle.

Bye Bye Mesa.

Reason # 573 why I thank Raptor Jesus everyday that pilots don't run the airline.

We wouldn't want pilots who see things on a day to day basis and give input on how things should be done to make money and "appear" (actually are )smarter than mangement with their MBAs sitting in their offices and hearing what they want to hear from their little brown nosers that everthing is OK...GEEZZ the airlines might actually make money if pilots ran the airline...anyone know of a CEO that has been a former airline pilot?

I think they might do that themselves by filing BK just to shed the 50 seaters that Delta dropped...and who knows from there ....stay tuned

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back