• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Sucks!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a great DH the other day out of iad. fa gave me a row to myself and a large bottle of water prior to push. similar experience on tsa. thanks. cya oh yeah Paul Foley really does suck. and so does spandex

You mean that they are going to get paid for the time that they fly rather than just the time that they are scheduled for?

That would be a start! I've actually seen it somewhere that's one of their boilerplate items they're aiming for.

I would rather be at MESA than pdt,comair,or asa
I would rather be at a major,other than that horizon and republic

If the original beef with Mesa was that due to it's low cost structure (i.e., whores of the industry), it's "stealing all the flying", that hardly holds true anymore, and hasn't for years.

Mesa is in fact contracting . . . some would say getting ready to implode. Skywest and Republic have been getting all the new flying for years (COEX's 69 planes, Skywest new growth with Delta) Odd, because our CASM is just as cheap as theirs.

Freedom "A" has been dead and buried for almost 4 years.

Low costs, low CASM . . . yet no growth, some shrinkage. Mesa might suck, but at this point, I'm a little puzzled why this sort of thread generates any interest anymore.

Low costs, low CASM . . . yet no growth, some shrinkage. Mesa might suck, but at this point, I'm a little puzzled why this sort of thread generates any interest anymore.
I think people feel its their responsibility to educate others about shady airlines. Heck, any airline can put on a show in the interview, and leave you with a good impression, but if you want the other side of the story, that's what flightinfo is for.

Heck, how many people do you know that were desperate for a job and looked to Mesa for a fast upgrade and a way to jumpstart their career in a shiny jet? (now many of them are seat locked in a EAS route, where they would have been better off flying for Colgan)

I think most of us would like to see them just go away, and send a message to all other airlines of how not to run a business.

This Sept. MESA's contract wil be ammendable. We can support them and help then get a better contract or we can reject them. If we reject tehm they they won't get as good a contract and we will all have to deal with it.

I support Mesa's contract efforts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back