Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Pilots Jumpseating to Hawaii on YV Business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChinaClipper

Heard a bud was heading for the islands a week ago or so (from PHX) and saw Mesa pilots using the jumpseat to get to Hawaii to fly for eGO! . Not a problem if thats your domicile and you have been given travel to get out there, BUT I understand at least 1 was going there TDY and NOT getting Pos space travel to get there. This is not the first time it has been mentioned. Anyone else heard of this? Can anyone contact YV ALPA and get it stopped if true? Seems a constant problem of JO and his scumbags trying to get pilots moved on the cheap. Anyone? Anyone? BTW FA's were using Non-rev to get there as well......

I agree that the jumpseat should not be used to transfer crews from other airlines for TDY. It is completely breaking the rules.

How can a MESA pilot with clear conscience walk to the cockpit to ask for a free ride? Make the scumbag CEO buy a ticket.

Not to back up the Mesa guys/girls. But being from a regional once. My previous company when you were TDY they did give you postive space to get where you were going at the begining and at the end of the TDY period. But, if you wanted to go home in between trips you were on your own no positive space. Its all how its written in everyones contract.

How can a MESA pilot with clear conscience walk to the cockpit to ask for a free ride? Make the scumbag CEO buy a ticket.
How can a CO pilot with a clear conscience be part of a contract at an airline that pays 1st year F/Os 30K and provides no healthcare whatsoever for 6 months? Make your scumbag CEO pay up.

their jumpseating mid trip

I can tell you 100 percent that they are jumpseating mid trip instead of deadheading as they should. 4 months ago I was jumpseating and he was also jumpseating. I spoke with him for a while and said he just landed and was rpositioning for a trip they had him doing the next day after rest. I asked him if he was deadheading or jumpseating and he became very quiet, especially after stating he was mid trip. After getting off the aircraft I mentioned it to the gate agent and she said she would call her supervisor to look into it. I am 100% sure they are doing it. In addition republic airways pilots did it between ATL-DFW on one similar occassion I know of.

a quarter of the airline is always on probation b/c turnover's so high... kind of up to the captain's to police this... be kind to the pilot- but stop the practice. if we don't educate them, who will?

Latest resources

Back