Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Pilots Jumpseating to Hawaii on YV Business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know how to tell the difference between a TDY pilot who's telling a white lie and a commuter.

Now that they flow through to the back & have non rev benefits on half the major airlines out there.

I would think it's pretty easy for the captains of the flights were Mesa folks are asking for the jump seat to simply deny that request.

Then I would think Mesa would start buying POS space tickets real quick. A sure-way to see what is exactly happening.

just arbitrarily deny them? The symbol formerly known as prince brings up a good point. How do you tell if the pilot is committed to telling you a lie? I guess i'd think that MOST mesa pilots won't flat out lie to you-- so press them and ask- and spread the word to get everyone to do the same. if it's company business, they shouldn't be riding.

Because my idea would FORCE the COMPANY to do the right thing.

Nothing like a bunch of pi$$ed off pilots going to the mgt and telling them to straighten up.

However, I will concede that all the captains on all these flights where it's been brought up have contacted their JS coordinator and asked that person to contact Mesa's JS coordinator, right?

Riiiight...

Kick 'em off and this problems gets solved real darn quick!

kick off EVERY jumpseater from mesa? even the ones just jumpseating per their js agreement? I think you're not thinking. Their are a whole lot of communities that pilots like to live in that only have mesa planes serving them.

Just talk to them and educate a little... don't be a dick.

This was a big problem at first. The company refused to get them tickets because they had to buy them. This included getting to CLT for recurent. Some were fired for refusing to jumpseat. ALPA got them back on with back pay. Keep in mind if a pilot is based in IAD and heads for TDY in HNL but lives in PHX he or she might not take the positive space for a reason. The company is now sending instructors to HNL for recurent. Only one to send that way.

An extremely easy solution would be to simply require any MESA pilot heading to Hawaii allow you to view a copy of their trip or monthly schedule. Based on the abuses occuring it is not an unreasonable request.

Jumpseat to get to work, sure. Go on vacation in the islands, sure. Help JO keep his slave ship afloat, hmmm..... not so much.

view a copy of their trip or monthly schedule.

That won't work. Space available DH's aren't shown in CrewTrac, which is how Mesa does it. If you really want to make a difference, you could find out why the folks over at United and Airways allow Mesa to book space available DH's when there is no Airways or United business being conducted. A jumpseat war will fix nothing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back