Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Hey Mesa guys... you finally have JO by the nads and this TA is rolling over and giving him exactly what he wants.

Why do you think Mesa was so quick to negotiate a TA?

They can't get financing unless they have have their fixed costs spelled out. ie the Pilot contract. If the TA gets voted down, then JO will go through the roof. Why? He can't get his money. He will be in a position he detests... he will have to go back to the Pilots again and grovel. He will rant and rave that they will go under.

And you know what? It's true. But it will be because he choose to and he has too much to loose. JO is not employable outside Mesa anymore. Voted worst CEO, a temper that is legendary, a reputation for running a poor operation.

Now that he needs you guys... stick it to him and get yours!!!

Last edited:
Hey Mesa guys... you finally have JO by the nads and this TA is rolling over and giving him exactly what he wants.

Why do you think Mesa was so quick to negotiate a TA?

They can't get financing unless they have have their fixed costs spelled out. ie the Pilot contract. If the TA gets voted down, then JO will go through the roof. Why, he can't get his money. He will be in a position he detests... he will have to go back to the Pilots again. He will rant and rave that they will go under.

And you know what, it's true. But it will be because he choose to and he has too much to loose. JO is not employable outside Mesa anymore. Voted worst CEO, a temper that is legendary, a reputation for running a poor operation.

Now that he needs you guys... stick it to him and get yours!!!
I disagree (and hope I am wrong). All he has to do is wave the "we'll be out of business if you don't take XXXXXX.." or "we can grow faster, and more fast upgrades" and it will be over in no time.

I'm just curious, what does he have to loose?

The stock is in the dumper... and probably most of his net worth with it. I'm not saying he is or will be broke, but Mesa is his cash cow and if it tanks so does his career. No one, no one in or out of the industry will hire him. Even if he has money stashed away, he has a lifestyle that requires future earnings. Not to mention his ego....

Last edited:
The stock is in the dumper... and probably most of his net worth with it. I'm not saying he is or will be broke, but Mesa is his cash cow and if it tanks so does his career. No one, no one in or out of the industry will hire him. Even if he has money stashed away, he has a lifestyle that requires future earnings. Not to mention his ego....

He was making fun of you(lose vs loose), not asking a legitimate question...

I agree with acaTerry, Mesa will fold like a lawn chair(I also hope I'm wrong).

I am sure JO is playing this smart! Lets see, I will give my guys a better contract and they will be happy little workers............ Then we go into Chapter 11 and I can pick at that new contract all I want! Muhahahahahahahahahah

I'm sorry, but if Mesa pilots give in to pay cuts because JO is threatening that the doors will close, then they deserve to be bent over. Over the years their pilots have proven to not have backbones, well now is their chance to change the way the rest of the industry looks at them.

Watch, the pilots agree to pay cuts and the airline still closes just not as soon and these guys give themselves such a bad name that they will ruin the way other pilots see them when and if they find other jobs.

Just maybe, if they stick it to the man here and the company still tanks, the rest of the industry will at least gain respect for them and welcome them to their new jobs once the industry turns around.

Latest resources

Back