Mesa pass travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ratherbeflyen

I was in the travel office today and saw that CO no longer has an agreement with mesa for pass travel. The agent working there said we could no longer get ID90's (or similar) for our family with them. She didn't know if we still had jumpseat privileges with them or not. Anyone know the story here? Did anyone else lose mesa travel privilages? I dont know who broke the agreement, Continental or Mesa? Did mesa management spawn this to make there employees QOL worse?

cal has a history with JO, though there is probably more to it than that.

i did check on coair and effective 8/14 the pass travel agreement was cancelled, doesnt say why of course or who initiated it.

ratherbeflyen said:
I was in the travel office today and saw that CO no longer has an agreement with mesa for pass travel. The agent working there said we could no longer get ID90's (or similar) for our family with them. She didn't know if we still had jumpseat privileges with them or not. Anyone know the story here? Did anyone else lose mesa travel privilages? I dont know who broke the agreement, Continental or Mesa? Did mesa management spawn this to make there employees QOL worse?

can you see if Mesa employees still can buy ID90's on Hawaiian or Aloha?

i know Freedom was having some trouble with CASS on continental a few weeks ago due to this:

Southwest (WN) - F8 is not loaded into the WN CASS database yet. When a F8 pilot asks a WN gate agent to use CASS, the WN gate agent pulls up a list of carriers. 'Freedom Airlines' is listed as a non-CASS approved carrier, because the airline that the gate agent is seeing is not F8, but rather WN13, the Freedom Airlines that operates in Asia.

Continental (CO) – F8 may be having the same problem as they are with Southwest, and we are working with CO to get it fixed ASAP. The end result is F8 pilots are being denied access to both flightdeck and cabin seats on CO, despite CO allowing F8 unlimited cabin access prior to CASS.

this was an august 1st update so i don't know if the problem has been fixed yet..

the mesa pass bureau is pretty slow updating anything. the last list we have is from october 2004. asfar as i know the jumpseat is still available.

Can't pass ride on CO or HA. As far as I know, MAG employees can still buy a pass on AQ.

Poahi said:
Can't pass ride on CO or HA. As far as I know, MAG employees can still buy a pass on AQ.

Last update I saw was:

Aloha: "low zed" fare, whatever that is

Hawaiian: 50 bucks for mainland-Hawaii, 30 bucks inter-island (one way)

That said, I suspect most Mesa crews fly to Hawaii on UsAirways for peanuts. Then use "Go" for interisland.

Poahi said:

I think Poahi is right. No more bennies shared between YV & HA or CO.

I wonder why?

:uzi: somebody set up us the bomb? :bomb:

With the fare war inter-island, ZED fares don't make sense now. I'd pay the extra 10 bucks for a positive space ticket.

Latest resources

Back