• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesa parking airplanes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the short term, the more interesting question is "Will Mesa furlough crews in the near future?"

(knowing Mesa, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a crew tracker waiting in FLO to take their badges)

In the longer term, the question is "How many hundreds of RJ's will be parked over the next 2-5 years?"

Didn't SkyWest just add the 145 to their certificate? Something tells me these aircraft wont be sitting there for long. Just a guess.

Didn't SkyWest just add the 145 to their certificate? Something tells me these aircraft wont be sitting there for long. Just a guess.

I believe they will be sitting for sometime. Current Fuel Prices = Decline in use of 50 Seat RJ's.

I doubt Mesa will furlough over this. From what I have read they are very short staffed and this will open up 80 or so more pilots.

Didn't Mesa win the injunction? I bet JO made a deal with Delta, he is still getting paid and parking the planes. Win Win for him I bet.

Probably a dumb question, but why are they parking if they won the injuction?

Im not quite sure. Delta is still cutting back our flying as we speak. im sure its cheaper to park em in FLO instead of JFK,MCO,etc etc.... new rumor is me might code-share for Spirit.

DAL already adjusted their schedules to remove freedom...they are not going to fly empty airplanes around just to keep pilots employed.

The injunction just means that DAL will have to pay JO his fixed costs (leases, etc) and some profit margin, but they will agree to park the airplanes to save on fuel, flight crew payroll, and other expenses. As long as he gets his money, JO does not need to actually fly airplanes.

I doubt Spirit will code-share. AirTran tried it with AirWilly and they decided to was cheaper to operate things by themselves. However if JO is still getting paid by Delta for the park planes, then who knows.

Gonna be hard to find a home for those planes. Even US Airways has said they currently operate too many 50 Seat RJ's and would love to lower that number.

gotcha.

So what are all the pilots being told Pdubs? You get a free vacation or something?

Last edited:
I doubt Spirit will code-share. AirTran tried it with AirWilly and they decided to was cheaper to operate things by themselves. However if JO is still getting paid by Delta for the park planes, then who knows.

Gonna be hard to find a home for those planes. Even US Airways has said they currently operate too many 50 Seat RJ's and would love to lower that number.

well JO has a seat on the board over at Spirit..so who knows?

well JO has a seat on the board over at Spirit..so who knows?
and JO has a seat on your face a well apparently....

Sprit is about to lay off 1/2 the pilots and sell out to JB. Seriously dude Can I buy some Pot off you! You must be on the friggan Moon!

Keep token and post'n lil man. You make the RSV go by so much faster!
:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back