• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa now bunks together on cont duty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is all rediculous. Why does JO do this to you?? Because he knows the Mesa pilot group will do whatever they are told to do, no matter how humilitating.

Don't you realize he has absolutely no respect for you? Further more he genuinely likes to watch your impotently whine, but still do as your told.

It's like watching a domesticated cat torment a captured mouse--pretty soon it get's boring slapping it around, so you have to invent new ways to terrify it.

I hate to say it, but I think the sheer fact that this pilot group will tolerate this = they deserve it.

I wish the unions themselves (ALPA, wheovever, I don't care) would create more of an uproar about this. In our era of "schedule with safety", as the ALPA stickers say, why isn't there a fight so simply do away with them completely?
The companies won't do it until the FAA weighs in, so I guess all we can do is write our elected representatives and hope that this article about people sleeping in planes overnight grabs enough attention to do some good.
I've had some misadventures in the wake of 3 hours of sleep, including damaging my car in the employee lot because I wasn't coherent enough to see the sand-filled parking barrel by my car- I just hope we don't have to wait until something horrible happens before there's a public outcry, but that's probably what it will take.

What companies? the ALPA contract I work under has rules that end preventing "stand-ups" and make red-eyes just a turn or single leg back to the hub.

Boy you guys just keep getting screwed. When are you all going to walk off the job? Now bunking with a hot FA is great! Have fun! :)

Look after reading this i have a serious comment for you if you are sick of your working conditions, which are the worst I have ever heard of in any line of work.

If you FOs want to leave PM me and I will fwd your stuff to Colgan. I know I know, less pay but no overnights, home all the time at your base, ok pay for 1st year FO, 2nd year not the best but still under a 2 year upgrade.

I am not flame baiting here I seriously would like to offer help if you want an exit.

If not no worries, I am just sick to hear how they treat you guys and gals.

P2J

Prop to Jet, you are missing one very important detail that will prevent you ever getting a mesa fo to apply at colgan:

No kid with SJS who accepted the job at mesa will ever give up that jet job to fly a "lowly turboprop" at colgan. Not going to happen.

I get to room with the hot F/A on my 4 day starting tomorrow??

SWEET!!!

Yea, But next week in your room you also start a 4 day trip with the 6'4" 300lb transvestite named 'The Gripper'!! Have Fun!!!

This is all rediculous. Why does JO do this to you?? Because he knows the Mesa pilot group will do whatever they are told to do, no matter how humilitating.

Don't you realize he has absolutely no respect for you? Further more he genuinely likes to watch your impotently whine, but still do as your told.

It's like watching a domesticated cat torment a captured mouse--pretty soon it get's boring slapping it around, so you have to invent new ways to terrify it.

I hate to say it, but I think the sheer fact that this pilot group will tolerate this = they deserve it.

JO does this, because he CAN !

Look. He's getting a new "light jet" to whisk him and his loved one's around to their several homes (new one in the tropics, I've heard).

He will continue to do this AND MORE for as long as he can. He knows plenty of hard-up young kids would sell their souls to fly an RJ and be captain faster.

Happening EVERY DAY there.

The Mesa boys are simply getting what they want. If they did not want this, they'd have never agreed to it. But they did.

How can you feel sorry for a situation where everyone is getting what they want ?

Fast advancement for hungry young kids and incredable wealth for the person giving those kids what they want.

I don't see the problem.

Latest resources

Back