• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa now bunks together on cont duty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ROTFLMAO...just because it says so in the mesa contract doesn't mean it's actually done...

I NEVER had a day room during several miserable years at mesa. Don't think I ever heard of anyone else mentioning it either.

"ROTFLMAO" as in "Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"
????
I don't quite understand why this is a laughing matter to you. Your company only provides a single room for the entire crew on short CDO breaks and this has you laughing why???

And what floor are you rolling on, is it the cabin floor?

I can see it playing out like this...

F/O: Capt, you were impressive last night with that ILS approach.

CAPT: Thanks man, you were really impressive in the shower this morning...you know, dong wise.

Now see this is why I read flight info....my god Stifler that is funny! I almost pissed myself. Nice work!

so crews really did sleep in planes? I thought it was just a joke or a really bad rumor. Please tell mesa crews werent forced to sleep in the plane on CDOs!

True, they use to sleep on boards laid across the seats. Now they all shack up in a single hotel room. One of the Mesa clowns videotaped them sleeping on a RJ and sent it to a news station. I wish I could find you the link....at first you laugh-then you just feel really bad for the guys.

ROTFLMAO...just because it says so in the mesa contract doesn't mean it's actually done...

I NEVER had a day room during several miserable years at mesa. Don't think I ever heard of anyone else mentioning it either.

That was not Mesa's contract, it was QX's and only pertains to day rooms (over 5 hours scheduled). All overnight accomodations (CDO or not) are single-occupancy at QX.

back in the 1930/40's (and into the 50's from what I know) the whole crew shared a room on layover. PAN AM , TWA, AA, UAL, EAL ect.....

Ya know, in some cultures sleeping in the same room makes you married, even if you put pillows between you.

To think I once turned down a GII gig 'cause I didn't want to sleep with the Captain.

Y'all need more sexual harrassment lawsuits over there, the higher up the claims the better. Or maybe some group that the ACLU likes to use for filing lawsuits...

I have to ask: WHY DO PEOPLE PUT UP WITH THIS STUFF? WHY NOT QUIT?

Geez, even a long-distance truck driver gets his/her own sleeper AND makes more money.

A long-haul trucker who can't document proper rest is committing a CRIMINAL OFFENSE and risks suspension and even jail time!!!!!!!!!

You missed the key phrase in the reporters story "all within FAA regulations...." As long as RJ's aren't falling from the sky, this will continue to be the norm.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back