• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa = no upgrade and no pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No upgrade. Anyone hired today will not see the left seat. No flow, no pay, no health ins. Go to PSA or Piedmont

Most current Mesa Captains will probably be picked up by other legacies or LCCs. Usually the "worst" Regionals have faster upgrade times because there aren't as many lifers who love it there. That means quicker time to the left seat, and then onward to a big 3 legacy or a LCC and a better life.

When looking at a Regional these days, look for the ones with the fewest lifers and the quickest upgrade opportunity.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Most current Mesa Captains will probably be picked up by other legacies or LCCs. Usually the "worst" Regionals have faster upgrade times because there aren't as many lifers who love it there. That means quicker time to the left seat, and then onward to a big 3 legacy or a LCC and a better life.

When looking at a Regional these days, look for the ones with the fewest lifers and the quickest upgrade opportunity.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As much as it pains me to say this, the General is spot on with this.

As much as it pains me to say this, there are a lot of lifers at Mesa. Remember we shrank from 2000 pilots down to just under 600 before growing again. Were at 800 plus now. There is very little movement above 500 global now. FO's who have been at Mesa for 6-7 years are finally upgrading. It will be a bit before they have the time to leave.

As much as it pains me to say this, there are a lot of lifers at Mesa. Remember we shrank from 2000 pilots down to just under 600 before growing again. Were at 800 plus now. There is very little movement above 500 global now. FO's who have been at Mesa for 6-7 years are finally upgrading. It will be a bit before they have the time to leave.

Uh oh, so you're saying the 20,000 post gerbil flee is actually full of hot air?:eek:

My limited experience with Mesa agrees with the above. There's no earthly reason for GoJets and Mesa to have the lifers they do. It's everyone's choice they have to make for their own, but ASA seems like an answer for guys starting out.

Mesa's overall senior workforce and reduction in RFD to keep flying/upgrade AC is the basic contributor to why no one actually toiling there will see more on the paycheck anytime soon.

My limited experience with Mesa agrees with the above. There's no earthly reason for GoJets and Mesa to have the lifers they do. It's everyone's choice they have to make for their own, but ASA seems like an answer for guys starting out.

09-11, 2007-2008, Mostly it was the mess that was my financing that forced me to stay. Now with the looming market crash and subsequent economic down turn I am here for the duration.

I will not get on with a new group just to be on the street in a year or two.

Sorry to burst your bubble but what is coming cannot be avoided.

Latest resources

Back