• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa.....Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Is Mesaba doing what Mesa should have done?

• YES!

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters
I hear you Born2Fly!

I lived on XJ fo pay for a very short period of time. I think it was about 510 every two weeks after taxes. It sucked. I have a hard time making it on a little more than twice that and my wife works also. I don't relish the thought of how crappy my financial situation would be, had I stayed on there.

My cost of living is a lot less than had I been forced to move to mem. So there are other hidden factors that go along with taking a job at a regional.

And you are right about not being home much. That counts a lot when looking at different jobs in aviation.

I don't know how you guys do it. It's long days, lots of legs, not much in pay and the politics suck. Not to mention the risk of getting a bust from the feds lurking at every corner.

Add in all the extra curricular bs that 9/11 has brought down, I don't envy anybody flying at regional, especially those that are working in the lower half of any seniority list.

It's tough out there in civilian world also. Employers are running roughshod over their employee's everywhere. I hear it from my wife every day. I hear it from my friends. The attitude employers have with this current economy is "if you don't like it, leave".

Yes, I would like to see the Mesaba pilot group get the contract they deserve, but I also realize that they are between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck to you guys, where ever you work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back