Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa MEC Helps Screw over Express Jet Pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya like they got all the money back from another MEC chair.

I am not trying to defend either guy, but its two very different situations IMO.

The way I remember it being explained to me about the 1st guy that, while he was not being paid correctly according to other examples(i.e. charter captain), how he did get paid was signed off by the sec/tres and the rest of the MEC approved, which after the fact turned out to be a bull ******************** way to pay the guy and NOT in line with how he should have gotten paid. That is why he wasnt required to repay the money. That is if I remember how it was explained to me. If I am mistaken somebody please correct me.

This most recent example, and if what little has been publicly said about it is true, the guy did what he is being accused of AFTER he was recalled.

ALPA national is going down 2 separate paths with these with this one, I believe, being much more serious than the 1st. I believe the 1st we had a liaison from national(a fedex guy if I recall) who came in and audited everything and figured out what was up(not that we didnt already know). This one seems to be to be much more serious.

Maybe instead of attacking the ASA MEC, the XJT MEC should spend more time making sure their MEC Chairmen aren't stealing from the pilots. At least our officers aren't stealing.

. . . because everything that happens to Exjet is someone else's fault.

Maybe instead of attacking the ASA MEC, the XJT MEC should spend more time making sure their MEC Chairmen aren't stealing from the pilots. At least our officers aren't stealing.

Maybe instead of being obtuse the ASA MEC should lift their flight line or no merger ultimatum so that we don't get whipsawed by management?

Maybe the XJET MEC shouldn't have assumed they were more savvy than the group with years of experience with PBS.

Maybe instead of being obtuse the ASA MEC should lift their flight line or no merger ultimatum so that we don't get whipsawed by management?

How is it ANY different than your old No PBS or no merger ultimatum, or your current no flightline or no merger ultimatum???? How can you villify one side when you are taking the same stand?

How is it ANY different than your old No PBS or no merger ultimatum, or your current no flightline or no merger ultimatum???? How can you villify one side when you are taking the same stand?

There was never a no PBS ultimatum from our NC or our MEC. Don't get pilots on the pipe confused with the MEC. And, if your MEC was being truthful and honest with you, you would no that our MEC doesn't have a no flight line or no merger ultimatum either. In fact, if they were truthful to you, they would have also mentioned in their emails that our MEC offered possible solutions to their ultimatum that didn't have predetermined outcome such as parallel bidding, super committees, and even third party neutral arbitration. Every one of those has been met by an excuse from your MEC. THAT is why I vilify one side.

I love these types of threads :). I am certainly sad to leave as F/O Rep after 5.5 years, but I will not miss the ALPA politics one bit.

Also, it's not the MESA MEC, it's one individual on the MESA MEC

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back