• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa, making me the green

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
general investing make wise investments first and worry about the taxes later...at least that used to be the rule, wh knows once Princess Peloci and reid get done with the budget.

Good for you man. A lot of money to be made right now while everyone is freaking out.

I thought if you had it less then a year you got taxed majorly? 1500 and getting taxed isnt that great of a deal I dont think?

Yeah, who wants free money if you only get to keep most of it?

Last edited:
Free money.

Thanks for contributing to what is wrong with America today.

Very well, Money in exchange for being smart enough to figure out the uber complex "buy low/sell high" conundrum and expending the tremendous effort of pushing some buttons on a keyboard. I spend more effort and thought getting a Pepsi from my fridge than he did to make over $1000 (not a dig at SIV, I'm sure he did his research, just illustrating a point.)

Yup, you figured it out. Our personal stock accounts are what's wrong with America. The concept of profiting from putting our disposable income to work for us instead of pissing it away on lattes. Better call your representatives so they can get right on it.

Last edited:
Very well, Money in exchange for being smart enough to figure out the uber complex "buy low/sell high" conundrum and expending the tremendous effort of pushing some buttons on a keyboard. I spend more effort and thought getting a Pepsi from my fridge than he did to make over $1000 (not a dig at SIV, I'm sure he did his research, just illustrating a point.)

Yup, you figured it out. Our personal stock accounts are what's wrong with America. The concept of profiting from putting our disposable income to work for us instead of pissing it away on lattes. Better call your representatives so they can get right on it.

No, the words, "FREE MONEY."

It's not free. You took on a risk, and made your money. Nothing FREE about it.

Last edited:
How about 'free' in the sense that no goods, services, or real effort changed hands in the same sense that it would have 'disappeared' if he had played his hand opposite?
I think I see what you're driving at now. Something along the lines of our current problems have their root in fools thinking they'd found a way to marginalize risk beyond the point of consideration?

Semantics aside, getting taxed on 25% of something is a hell of a lot better than getting taxed on 0% of nothing. Hats off to SIV for having the financial discipline to currently have the cash on hand to capitalize on the silver lining. He (and his Avatar!) is what is Right with America.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back