Mesa Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa

Anyone interviewed at Mesa recently? Just wondering what their hiring status is. What are thoughts on the TA passing or being rejected?

Flying"C"ranchr said:
TA will most likely get voted down...

ranch'r

And your reliable source is? The hiring at Mesa always goes San Juaners first, ATP program etc, then if there are still positions left, recommendations off the street. After that if there are still positions the rest of the qualified flying world.

FYI the San Juan program in Farmington alone graduates about 100 pilots a year. Now there are two more Mesa schools in AZ & TX. Good luck.

Brett,

I went through San Juan's PACE program and interviewed last summer. The interview was very straight forward. The 50 question test is straight out of the Part 121 ATP test. There weren't any performance , Wt/bal or 135 questions. As far as the interview goes try looking at aviationinterviews.com. The gouge was pretty accurate. Currently I'm in a pool with an unknown number of other guys who elected not to go with Freedom. I'm hoping that decision will pay off in the long run. As far as I know my group was the last to interview and that was last July. If you have any other questions drop me a PM.

Flying"C"ranchr said:
No reliable source... just common sense indicates the TA is substandard.

Ah, no reliable source, well you said it.

Looks like as we are debating this BS on the web, Lori Clark is gearing up for a round of street interviews next week. I'm your reliable source on that one.

NewBomb(Mesa)

NewBomb,

Thanks for the info.

Are you an ALPA member at present time? Is that why you didn't go with Freedom? From my understanding, ALPA does not condone accepting a posistion with Freedom(or else!). A guy at ALPA said Freedom is or is going to be scrubed. Is this true?

Brett

If the TA is signed.

Freedom is done. Mesa will be back to one pilot group. Growth will be near exponential. 59 new jets are already financed and deliveries have already begun. All will be delivered by December and under Jets for Jobs Mesa will be getting more deliveries before the end of the year. The union is talking about a 5000 strong pilot group by mid 2007 with the potential for much more if the United rumors are true. The contract pay and QOL sucks, but hiring and job security will be a lock. If you come on just be prepared for a Comair like strike at the end of 07 and 08.

If the TA is not signed, Mesa folds as an entity and all the flying and hiring will be shunted over to union busting Freedom.

Latest resources

Back