• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa in the News Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get ready to bend over. TSA is sure to have a knee-jerk reaction and make us all suffer for it.

From the article:

Mesa Airlines is conducting its own investigation.

And I'll bet JO is spending a lot of time and money to get to the bottom of that one... :rolleyes:

Get ready to bend over. TSA is sure to have a knee-jerk reaction and make us all suffer for it.

Speaking of the TSA . . .

Who does the "aircraft security sweeps" at your airline? (at Mesa, it's the fa's)

We can't go into details as to what the sweep entails, of course, but I'm curious if Mesa is the only airline that makes it's flight attendants responsible for going through every nook and cranny of the cabin every day. I'm pretty sure Mesa has the fa's do it because the TSA will fine the crewmember, not the airline, if something is missed.

At ORD the aviation police took many of Mesa employees badges away at the parking gaurd post two weeks ago, they said it was because of improper paper work, wonder if it is related?

Speaking of the TSA . . .

Who does the "aircraft security sweeps" at your airline? (at Mesa, it's the fa's)

We can't go into details as to what the sweep entails, of course, but I'm curious if Mesa is the only airline that makes it's flight attendants responsible for going through every nook and cranny of the cabin every day. I'm pretty sure Mesa has the fa's do it because the TSA will fine the crewmember, not the airline, if something is missed.

When did that change? When I was at Mesa GSC qualified ground agents would do it. That was in PHX tho, maybe the other stations/hubs are different?

I hope that the gal sues and wins a million or two from JO. The only way to make him do things properly is to make it too expensive to do otherwise.

When did that change? When I was at Mesa GSC qualified ground agents would do it. That was in PHX tho, maybe the other stations/hubs are different?

I can only speak to the USAir system: about 6 months ago crews were made responsible for the sweep; if the form wasn't filled out by the station on the first flight, the crew was responsible to search and sign.

This includes PHX; but most flights originate outside of PHX anyway, so the flight attendants search the cabin, the pilots search the flight deck, and the ground station searches the cargo compartment. (In theory, anyway . . . it's take a long time and a lot of work, so I don't think it's really getting done)

Latest resources

Back