Mesa hiring?!!!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anais Nin

On aviationintervews website it has two recent interview information for Mesa and says the guy was hired and given a April 30 class date. He doesn't even seem to have that much time from what I could tell. Then on the Yahoo mesa forum a CCAIR pilot confirmed the same thing. Does anyone know what there hiring status is right now? And when are the CCAIR pilots going to be brought over? And are Mesa New hires going to be in classes with CCAIR and USAir fuloughed pilots who went over there under J4J?
If anyone from Mesa can shed some light on this it would be great. I didnt even think they were hiring but maybe I should send in my application.
And which airplane is Mesa hiring into anyway? Dont they have the CRJ and Beech1900 and Dash 8? Is CRJ expanding and thats why they need to hire? Plus I thought they had enough people from their MAPD program and now the CCAIR and USAir furloughed pilots! But if they are hiring pilots off the street now, maybe things are improving!

LL Don't you mean "things that make the mesa roll-overs go d'oh!" guess good ol' johnny O wasn't planning to dump them after all, despite his idle threats and the complicity of their MEC.

Question is though anias nin, is why would you want to work there, just check this board around, you'll see that they are not exactly highly regarded.

Unless you don't care about the regional industry and what mesa has continually done to undermine others efforts (Comair, etal) to improve careers at this level. Or if you only care about yourself and 'living the dream' of flying an all-mighty jet, d a m n the consequences. then by all means, sell the rest of us out.

ps LL, you keeping your base or you gonna have to relocate?

LearLove said:
I saw that too, thought the same thing. Things that make WO pilots go HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Dash8 said:
Question is though anias nin, is why would you want to work there, just check this board around, you'll see that they are not exactly highly regarded.

Dash8, I have been keeping up on the message board threads about Mesa and the only ones who seem to be bashing them is the WO'ed i.e. Piedmont, Allegheny and PSA. Which of those companies do you fly for? Certainly the posters on here who fly for the majors/mainline are either supportive or could give a rat's a$$!
So you see, it's really not the scandal you try to portray it to be!
I was really hoping for a Mesa employee's perspective in my previous post! Allegheny and Piedmont pilots, while I think your opinions are cute, I just dont think you'll be around long enough to have any credible information.

Unless you don't care about the regional industry and what mesa has continually done to undermine others efforts (Comair, etal) to improve careers at this level. Or if you only care about yourself and 'living the dream' of flying an all-mighty jet, d a m n the consequences. then by all means, sell the rest of us out.

Dash8

Why don't you get off of your high f@cking horse and get a grip on reality. Anais Nin getting a job flying for Mesa has nothing to do with you. It has nothing to do with his "living the dream" either. You don't like Mesa's contract.. Tough sh!t man.. deal with it. You don't like your contract.. You and your fellow crewmembers can do something about it when the time presents itself.

d a m n the consequences.

What consequences would those be? Are you going to start threatening people with the jumpseat again? Keep talking like that and it's going to be people like you that are going to have to worry about the consequences.

It's people like you that are making this a sh!t industry right now.. Not them.

Dash8 said:
Question is though anias nin, is why would you want to work there

Dash8,
Why would I want to work there? Ummm, purely my belief in Survival of the Fittest , my man. Natural Selection. He who does not evolve, dies.
That and the fact that your company is not hiring.

Yes, I belive Mesa is doing SOME hiring. Not sure how much though. I know someone who was recently hired, but had several letters of recommendations to score the interview. He did not go to the MAPD either.

I'm not sure what aircraft they are hiring into, or how much hiring is being done.

Mesa Claification

Mesa is hiring, has about 50-60 people in their pool for GS. There is NO class date of April 30th, or at least one that anyone in the pool has been invited to, let alone someone hired yesterday! The reason all the new hires times are so low is most or graduates of Mesa's in-house flight school or instructors there. Not sure if they're hiring that many off the street.

Dash, you're taking some heat, but, you should really worry about your own contract. Don't let Mesa's new one deter you from getting what you deserve. Mesa will have to live with what they got, and you have a wonderful retort if they ever compalin; "I told that contract sucked!" As far as living the dream and flying a jet, d a m n the consequences, that's the Freedom guys. Mesa newhires will likely get the 1900, a plane with no autopilot, let alone a jet.

Anais, Mesa might be hiring into the CRJ, ERJ, 1900, or Dash. Since they haven't announced any GS's, only the training department knows the truth. They have to train newhires from the street, newhires from the Flightschool (who have Mesa training in the 1900 already), CC AIR guys, and J4J guys. Nobody knows if they'll mix the classes or not.

"Survival of the Fittest!"

Hey Anal Nin,

Even if that means working for minimum wage. Because, that's where this industry is heading. I gaurantee that your views will be a lot different a year from now. That is, if you're still working for MESA.

musta hit a nerve

first of all, i never threatened anyone with the jumpseat chpr, so get your facts straight.
the consequences i refer to were the effect it was going to have on the pay/qol issues for everyone in the regionals, it wasn't some kind of threat as your paranoia took it for.

yes i do work for a wo, but that is irrelevant because it's not just us that feel that way, I know people at comair, aca, eagle, mesaba, coex, all of which feel essentially the same way.

I never made any statement about anyone in the majors anais but your right, they could give a rat's a5s about anyone in the regionals, mesa, wo or otherwise.

I find it curious you call mesa's tactics, 'survival of the fitest' my understanding was that they had no 'fitness' problems, fiduciary or otherwise, just JO's idle threats.
Our evolution would be progressing nicely if it were up to us the pilot group, but alas it is not, were victims of groups 'ideas' and the trappings of ALPA's conflict of interest.

I'll be the first to admit our contract/TA sucks, but it's still not as bad as some others, i'm certainly not projecting that displeasure anyplace else.

btw, our not hiring isn't my fault anais, blame mgm't for that, we are short staffed and definately need pilots. keep checking though, ya never know what might happen with these new bases opening.

Latest resources

Back