• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa hires 300TT pilots now? WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell the media what you want, but these folks still pass training, checkrides and IOE. What makes them unqualified on paper? some arbitrary number of hours? The hours traditionally were to get your resume looked at and brought in for an interview. Now that time has been lowered. As far as getting the job, well those with les time have proved that they have the abilities to pass the interview, rides, etc., so whats the dilly yo?

If it can be done at lower times, so be it. It's an economical decision and one that has proven successful for these regionals.

Otto Coarsen said:
The point is, it's nothing new. Low timers in the cockpit, PFT, it's all been done before and been done for a long time. I can't think of any accidents directly related to it, and so it is deemed safe.

It's not some trade secret that the public is dying to know. Heck all they want is a low fare and a free meal.

When the pinnacle RJ plummeted from the sky because the pilots were screwing around did the public stop flying pinnacle? No. In fact, for the most part they don't even know that it's not Northwest!

We have all worked hard and sacrificed in some way to get where we are. Everyone has a different journey. Give it a rest, deflate your ego, grow up, and quit judging others decision from your high horse over at Air Whiskey or Piedmont, or whatever "Dream job" you have.

maybe I'll write the letter...i never really thought about flying a jet until others said i was ready... then i applied. maybe my ego needs to be a bit higher...also i never named ANY specific airline. i believe across the board there is a problem. I dont have a dream job but i know i can do the job that i have. and thats not being over confident, i also respect the job that i have. and i hopefully can respect the other person who i depend on to share the load when crap hits the fan.

Last edited:
Big freakin deal!! Yuri Gagarin had 252 hours of flight tim when he went into space....and he had to fly the reentry because of a problem. European pilots get on 74's from company ab initio programs.

Well then 007 you should go back and read my first post. my point is that at one time coex had pft (why do you think that 1st year FO pay is so much less than 2nd year?). and they still do hire 600tt, what makes their 600tt better than the low timers at ASA, Mesa, Wisky, GLA or anywhere else. your a real moron.

Last edited:
Hey JRMANED - Mesa did not take Air Wisky's flying out of DEN. That was Sky West. Only thing Mesa has in based in DEN is the D8 (any jets come from IAD). If you want to blame someone for Wisky going east maybe it should be UAL.

How on earth would you be able to get the ATP if you fly right seat for a 121 operator with 300 hours???

Latest resources

Back