• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa hires 300TT pilots now? WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with many of these 300 hour "wonders" both on the 1900 and the Dash - don't remember any of them being particularly incompetent or unsafe. Just the opposite, in fact. The San Juan program, whether you agree with its very existence or not, is a fairly rigorous course. Making it through the program does not guarantee these graduates a job, and getting the job does not guarantee they'll make it to the line. I personally witnessed about five of these graduates wash out of the initial Dash training when I went through it. That may be a telling commentary on Mesa's training department, but if nothing else it should help the argument that the San Juan graduates who are flying the line are at least as competent to perform their duties as everyone else. And I agree that experience matters but like others have said...most regionals out have bridge programs of some type that provide for hiring very-low-timers. Mesa's no different and many of you ARE being overly-dramatic because of your inherent disdain for Mesa. Of course that's nothing new...people LOVE to hate Mesa :) Hopefully they'll score a respectable contract in the future and some other regional will become everyone's whipping-post.

Stinkbug said:
I flew with many of these 300 hour "wonders" both on the 1900 and the Dash - remember them being incompetent and unsafe. I personally witnessed about five of these graduates wash out of the initial Dash training when I went through it. I agree that experience matters like others have said. Mesa's no different and many of you ARE being overly-dramatic because of your inherent disdain for Mesa. Of course that's nothing new...people LOVE to hate Mesa :) Hopefully Mesa will continue to bend ovef and be everyone's whipping-post.

Dude- MESA does suck. Are you sane??? They hurt the industry by being paid very low wages that make other airline mangement want to match you. Becuase of you and blow-jets Air Wisconsin lost their UAL contract. You all suck! Forcing a high-quality airline to leave UAL. At least people out in the mtns are realizing the Mesa is not good to fly on. You can't replace a 100-seat jet with a D-8 with incompetant crews flying. At least they found a home with US Airways and kicked you all the hell out. Air Wisconsin pilots just got a raise but they are still making less than they should with their consessions they took-partly due to Mesa. Why the hell do you all wear your matching coats that say Mesa? Very unprofessional and thought you all were interns. At least people know who to avoid. Speaking of interns, I am sure that some interns around the industry have more expierence that your FO's!

The great part is that you all have no idea how arragant you are and how bad you guys have it. Horibble contract (lmao), FREEDOM (A/B doesn't matter), a great leader JO who you all deserve! Why do you all have Regional Airline of the Year on your planes? Is it because JO is able to make you all bend over and take it without lube? I bet you enjoy it. And your Mx Diamond award is crap. It just means that some of your guys went through a little course and that's all. Most airlines don't worry about bragging about nothing. Passenengers know who MESA is and I have heard them badmouth the company. Good for them! I hope that the lawsuit in Hawaii hurts Mesa bigtime.

In closing: MESA SUCKS! You all deserve to........!

That is all...for now!

Hate to tell you guys but Mesa's not the only one. In my new hire class at ASA about 6 months ago we had at least 4 or 5 people with 200-250 hours. They were part of different ab initio programs, the main one being Flight Safety's direct track program.

instead of everyone bithching on a forum someone should channel their knowledge of the industry to one of those newspapers that seem to love aviation information. tell them the experience level of the pilots going through with a nice little "story" and guess what...the public knows, maybe creates a little stir and mabe then things would change. If that happens our income would hopefully come up because of the pride and time it took to achieve a paying job in the industry and there wont be those eager beavers willing to take a job when they hand you food stamps with your flight hat.

Cloudroller said:
hey 007 - some of the guys i know were hired in 96 (most just went to CAL). If your IAH based you have probably flown with them - if your a CA, maybe a line check. then i know several that were hired in 2000 with a little over 600. good thing is non of them have your poor attitude. they all just upgraded about 9 months ago.

MAYBE,

just maybe, you guys need to reread my post, I SAID not since

that's when it stopped. Today, there is no PFT. 600 TT yes. PFT no.

! poor attitude, maybe you should learn to read first a))wipe.

Otto Coarsen said:
My sim partner at AAY PFT'd and was hired into the 1900 at Coex in (I believe) 93.... He had 250TT... Upgraded a couple years later in the ATR...

DITTO TO ABOVE

wahoo250 said:
instead of everyone bithching on a forum someone should channel their knowledge of the industry to one of those newspapers that seem to love aviation information. tell them the experience level of the pilots going through with a nice little "story" and guess what...the public knows, maybe creates a little stir and mabe then things would change. If that happens our income would hopefully come up because of the pride and time it took to achieve a paying job in the industry and there wont be those eager beavers willing to take a job when they hand you food stamps with your flight hat.

The point is, it's nothing new. Low timers in the cockpit, PFT, it's all been done before and been done for a long time. I can't think of any accidents directly related to it, and so it is deemed safe.

It's not some trade secret that the public is dying to know. Heck all they want is a low fare and a free meal.

When the pinnacle RJ plummeted from the sky because the pilots were screwing around did the public stop flying pinnacle? No. In fact, for the most part they don't even know that it's not Northwest!

We have all worked hard and sacrificed in some way to get where we are. Everyone has a different journey. Give it a rest, deflate your ego, grow up, and quit judging others decision from your high horse over at Air Whiskey or Piedmont, or whatever "Dream job" you have.

JRMANNED said:
Dude- MESA does suck. Are you sane??? They hurt the industry by being paid very low wages that make other airline mangement want to match you. Becuase of you and blow-jets Air Wisconsin lost their UAL contract. You all suck! Forcing a high-quality airline to leave UAL. At least people out in the mtns are realizing the Mesa is not good to fly on. You can't replace a 100-seat jet with a D-8 with incompetant crews flying. At least they found a home with US Airways and kicked you all the hell out. Air Wisconsin pilots just got a raise but they are still making less than they should with their consessions they took-partly due to Mesa. Why the hell do you all wear your matching coats that say Mesa? Very unprofessional and thought you all were interns. At least people know who to avoid. Speaking of interns, I am sure that some interns around the industry have more expierence that your FO's!

The great part is that you all have no idea how arragant you are and how bad you guys have it. Horibble contract (lmao), FREEDOM (A/B doesn't matter), a great leader JO who you all deserve! Why do you all have Regional Airline of the Year on your planes? Is it because JO is able to make you all bend over and take it without lube? I bet you enjoy it. And your Mx Diamond award is crap. It just means that some of your guys went through a little course and that's all. Most airlines don't worry about bragging about nothing. Passenengers know who MESA is and I have heard them badmouth the company. Good for them! I hope that the lawsuit in Hawaii hurts Mesa bigtime.

In closing: MESA SUCKS! You all deserve to........!

That is all...for now!

Clever how you altered my post to enhance your rant...:rolleyes:

I'm quite sane, thanks...my post wasn't about whether Mesa sucks or not. I was just relating my experience flying with the San Juan graduates. Once again you're so eager to go off on Mesa that you apparently didn't read my post. Good luck with that negative energy by the way...:)

Latest resources

Back