• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furlough question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair enough I have been flying professionally for only Ten Years and I have no problem speaking to you in person. My name is Ben Flanders with ExpressJet and by all means I would love to hear your side of the story. If you can prove how Mesa was an asset to airline pilots I would be more then open to hear it. But we all know what that company has caused this career. Good riddance.

You only know what you have heard and base your opinions from hear say.So me trying to tell you anything about Mesa would be a waste of my time just like here on FI. I'm not saying it was a great place to work.I will pass your name along to my friends that are still there so they can set you straight on some things.And if you have any of those guys on your JS or you are on theirs, which I'm sure you will say that you hope you never have to ask for a JS from a Mesa pilot, but whatever.My advice would be to check your attitude before you screw up a JS agreement or get your a$$ kicked by saying anything about their contract "dragging the industry down" before you get educated.FYI..I'm not saying the contract was the best, but you need to get clued in on the other things besides the contract and why things are the way they are. Calm down and listen.

You only know what you have heard and base your opinions from hear say.So me trying to tell you anything about Mesa would be a waste of my time just like here on FI. I'm not saying it was a great place to work.I will pass your name along to my friends that are still there so they can set you straight on some things.And if you have any of those guys on your JS or you are on theirs, which I'm sure you will say that you hope you never have to ask for a JS from a Mesa pilot, but whatever.My advice would be to check your attitude before you screw up a JS agreement or get your a$$ kicked by saying anything about their contract "dragging the industry down" before you get educated.FYI..I'm not saying the contract was the best, but you need to get clued in on the other things besides the contract and why things are the way they are. Calm down and listen.

Are you really trying to defend your contract? I have met some cool mesa pilots, but none of them will ever defend that crappy contract. BTW, yes, your contract did drag down the industry to an extent. When my company, AWAC, went into concession talks in 2004 we were presented with a mesa contract and told "to keep your flying you will have to match this".....

Are you really trying to defend your contract? I have met some cool mesa pilots, but none of them will ever defend that crappy contract. BTW, yes, your contract did drag down the industry to an extent. When my company, AWAC, went into concession talks in 2004 we were presented with a mesa contract and told "to keep your flying you will have to match this".....

Did I say i was defending it?Once again open your ears and listen .I am not there anymore so why don't you ask a Mesa pilot what their new contract has NOW!!...If you took concessions then that's your problem and therefore you caved into your managements demands.If you know what is in the new contract I would like to know since you seem to know everything about contracts.If you read an ALPA magazine every once in a while you might learn something.But i forgot you don't know how to read. Once again a thread got off topic..NICE!!

My first real life encounter with a Mesa pilot was at a ticket counter for a flight I was working, and he walked up saying, verbatim, "Hey I would like to jumpseat with you guys, I work for Mesa, ooops, bad word, if you guys have room."

I just chuckled, and helped him out.

Poor fella.

.If you read an ALPA magazine every once in a while you might learn something.!

People, well besides a UA,Fedex,Delta pilot(ALPA), actually ready that magazine? What a joke. The union tossers probably jerk off to it but for me I almost want to projectile vomit every time I see Praters chin.

Fair enough I have been flying professionally for only Ten Years and I have no problem speaking to you in person. My name is Ben Flanders with ExpressJet and by all means I would love to hear your side of the story. If you can prove how Mesa was an asset to airline pilots I would be more then open to hear it. But we all know what that company has caused this career. Good riddance.

Ask your senior captains how much they paid to be hired at express jet

As an ex Florida Gulf pilot, we as well as Mesa later on NEVER had to pay to be hired.

FG was paying 14.95 per hour as new hire and Coex was paying 11.95 per hour plus you had to pay 8000 dollars up front.

So gfys

Go b

Go to this website www.mesapilots.com and it will answer all your questions regarding the Mesa contract and why things are they way they are.It even has the new contract.FYI..I found this link on Airline Pilot Central under Mesa.Hopefully it will stop some of the crap people are spouting.

Response

Ben,

You are an incredibly arrogant and ignorant ass. You should be caned publicly for your discretions. I sincerely feel a profound sense of pity for you. Why is Express Jet any better? Any facts?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back