Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
On another board, someone defended the 2008 Mesa TA passing because many of the pilots were in bad standing and couldn't vote because of not being able to afford the "ALPA merger fee".

Did/is Mesa MEC assessing it's members for a merger fund?

Yes there is an assment. Yes many could not vote because of not paying the fee. The TA passed by 18 votes. Do the math.

How much is the assessment and for how long? Who do think they are going to merge with?

Comair MEC hit us up with a $20/month for a year - CA & FO the same $. They say they will give it back if there is no merger. Although, they won't say when they will make that determination - my vote is sometime around "never".

Its sad to see that so many people haven't figured out that there will never be another merger of a regional carrier. Look around....carriers like ours are built up then torn down. Pilot groups have no residual value and there is always plenty of young eager pilots to fill the void.

MESA used to stand for Merge Every Small Airline. Those days are long over. Time for a name change. The person with the best new name gets a 6 pack of Hams.

Its sad to see that so many people haven't figured out that there will never be another merger of a regional carrier. Look around....carriers like ours are built up then torn down. Pilot groups have no residual value and there is always plenty of young eager pilots to fill the void.

I agree and so does most of the Comair pilots. Which is why most of us were so pissed at the MEC for picking our pockets.

Word out now is that the Comair ALPA "merger assessment" money has gone to pay the company back for open time flying performed by and paid to union leaders who were also collecting UL time. Double dipping as it were. You can either fly or collect UL, not both. The company was owed the money back.

There is word of individual lawsuits against the union. I'd like my money back too but I'm not going to hire a lawyer over $240. Small claims court maybe?

Word out now is that the Comair ALPA "merger assessment" money has gone to pay the company back for open time flying performed by and paid to union leaders who were also collecting UL time. Double dipping as it were. You can either fly or collect UL, not both. The company was owed the money back.

There is word of individual lawsuits against the union. I'd like my money back too but I'm not going to hire a lawyer over $240. Small claims court maybe?

Not true! The money is held in a separate account and can not be spent on anything else. Call your rep, or stop by the MEC office and you can count the money. :)

Not true! The money is held in a separate account and can not be spent on anything else. Call your rep, or stop by the MEC office and you can count the money. :)

Can I get my money back? Since, there isn't going to be a merger.

Why or how are you the sole holder of the truth?

I trust my Union reps about as much as I trust my management group.

Please don't be offended if I don't jump on your "truth" wagon.

Latest resources

Back