Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
Does it say anywhere in there that you are to avoid establishments which serve alcohol while on duty? True story! My friend and i were at a local microbrewery about a week ago and as we approached the front entrance, i noticed that there were two pilots in full uniform sitting down in the Beer garden having lunch. We purposely sat at the table next to them to see what the deal was. For the record, Neither one of them was drinking. After a while, we started talking to them and as it turns out they were actually on reserve. One was even on ready reserve! I asked them what they were doing sitting in a microbrewery in full uniform? the one guy replied: "what do you mean" he had no idea that you aren't supposed to be at a bar in uniform... then the other one remembered something about that from training and after they finished eating, they hopped in thier minicooper and drove off! In this day and age, you would think that they would be a little more cautious about where they eat while in uniform Strange but true!!!
Any comments?:beer:

Last edited:
Your choice of eating establishments is going to be quite limited if you can't eat at places that sell alcohol.

As long as food is served (sans booze), you're in the clear. Unless the GOM has changed in the last year...

Does it say anywhere in there that you are to avoid establishments which serve alcohol while on duty? True story! My friend and i were at a local microbrewery about a week ago and as we approached the front entrance, i noticed that there were two pilots in full uniform sitting down in the Beer garden having lunch. We purposely sat at the table next to them to see what the deal was. For the record, Neither one of them was drinking. After a while, we started talking to them and as it turns out they were actually on reserve. One was even on ready reserve! I asked them what they were doing sitting in a microbrewery in full uniform? the one guy replied: "what do you mean" he had no idea that you aren't supposed to be at a bar in uniform... then the other one remembered something about that from training and after they finished eating, they hopped in thier minicooper and drove off! In this day and age, you would think that they would be a little more cautious about where they eat while in uniform Strange but true!!!
what city?

Ok...Ill bite. Yes, while I do agree that these two could have picked a better place to dine while in uniform the fact sill remains they were not drinking. The bigger question is why these two felt it necessary to leave the uniform, or at least parts of it, on while having lunch. How hard is it to reach up to your shoulders and undo those little buttons to remove your epulates? Sounds to me like these two were cruzing for some strange during the lunch break and not quite thinking about where they were sitting and what outsiders might think. So they are guilty of being "tards" trying to pick up chicks with their "cool" uniforms but, rest assured, they arent the first.

Latest resources

Back