• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa files ch11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
  • Mesa is the number one operator in the US Airways system based on the same metrics. They have held this position for more than three years.

Give me a break. Get ACARS and then we will see how well you do.

A quick check (Delta) shows F8 next to last on A0 and A14, month to date. And that is doing a whopping 92 (approx) flights a day. It's interesting that it shows F8 near the top of D0 and near the bottom of A0 and A14. Hmmm... no ACARS?

A quick check (Delta) shows F8 next to last on A0 and A14, month to date. And that is doing a whopping 92 (approx) flights a day. It's interesting that it shows F8 near the top of D0 and near the bottom of A0 and A14. Hmmm... no ACARS?

YES. It's amazing that US airways still allow them to do it, too cheap I guess.

Oh those Pesky Facts

How do these number show Freedom NEXT TO LAST?

Here are the numbers June Through December. Note that Freedom is number 1 in all three contract categories. Do you think for a minute that if Delta thought Mesa was cheating they wouldn't put an army of auditors in the field to verify?

Such BS has to stop.

TCFJune - DecemberRankComair97.23%ASA98.58%Skywest99.53%Freedom99.68%1Republic99.42%Shuttle97.77%Pinnacle 98.95%Pinnacle NW98.33%Mesaba98.27%Compass98.25%DL Mainline99.38%D-0June - DecemberComair74.25%ASA62.32%Skywest73.37%Freedom90.53%1Republic79.83%Shuttle80.50%Pinnacle 65.30%Pinnacle NW75.38%Mesaba76.57%Compass71.35%DL Mainline64.55%A-14June - DecemberComair73.50%ASA73.63%Skywest88.22%Freedom90.98%1Republic90.07%Shuttle82.80%Pinnacle 78.07%Pinnacle NW84.50%Mesaba86.53%Compass81.82%DL Mainline80.35%

Again how many flights does Freedom have a day for the Delta ops? Isnt it like 70 flights a day? And what was your ontime when you were in JFK vs Comair?

How is that performance on the united side?

So are you saying Freedom is better than Mainline Delta since you blow them out of the water with on-time performance..

Last edited:
How do these number show Freedom NEXT TO LAST?

Here are the numbers June Through December. Note that Freedom is number 1 in all three contract categories. Do you think for a minute that if Delta thought Mesa was cheating they wouldn't put an army of auditors in the field to verify?

Such BS has to stop.

TCFJune - DecemberRankComair97.23%ASA98.58%Skywest99.53%Freedom99.68%1Republic99.42%Shuttle97.77%Pinnacle 98.95%Pinnacle NW98.33%Mesaba98.27%Compass98.25%DL Mainline99.38%D-0June - DecemberComair74.25%ASA62.32%Skywest73.37%Freedom90.53%1Republic79.83%Shuttle80.50%Pinnacle 65.30%Pinnacle NW75.38%Mesaba76.57%Compass71.35%DL Mainline64.55%A-14June - DecemberComair73.50%ASA73.63%Skywest88.22%Freedom90.98%1Republic90.07%Shuttle82.80%Pinnacle 78.07%Pinnacle NW84.50%Mesaba86.53%Compass81.82%DL Mainline80.35%

I don't even know how to read what you put up there. What does that show? I only looked at the chart I know how to get to and it was month to date and is what I stated above.
A0 F8 is 38% 2nd to last behind RP. A14 F8 is 62.3% 2nd to last behind OH. However D0 F8 is 79.8% which is first place. Tell me how you justify that connection. Info from ourasa.com.

Hey Dash, pssssst. You are full of BS. Where do I start?

First of all, please take a look at Mesa's pilot contract? http://www.mesapilots.com/ How is it inferior to any of the quality airlines you reference? As a quick test, look at the BK records and divide pilot pay by the number of pilots. Compare this number with the rest of the industry. Hint; Mesa is on the high side of the analysis. Also, while there is talk of Management cancelling PBS and removing some of the benefits, this hasn't happened yet and it isn't likely to happen. I have seen several letters from Management to the MAG - MEC and it is clear that there is a sincere interest by both parties in resolving the disputes underlying this issue.

While it may be sporty to come on here with an anonymous screen name and make up BS intended to bash Mesa, there are simply no facts to support these allegations.

Here are some publicly disclosed facts for you all to consider.
  • Mesa is the number one operator in the Delta system based on CCF, TCF, and A-14. This has been true for the last six consecutive months. They also have the best inflight performance of any regional based on Delta's own data - (see court records).
  • Mesa is the number one operator in the US Airways system based on the same metrics. They have held this position for more than three years.
  • In the UAL system Mesa, in spite of a 5% point disadvantage basd on its city pair schedule (flying into the ATC and weather challenged Northeast cities) improved its D-0 performance by 15% pts year over year. Overall CCF at United is a very competitive 99.1% for the ful year 2009.
So in fact, contrary to common concensus, Mesa is among the BEST operators in the industry. Oh those pesky facts keep getting in the way of your perceived reality. I hate it when that happens. Here are a few more facts for you to consider.
  • Delta wanted to agressively reduce capacity when fuel peaked and (per the judge - acted in "BAD FAITH" cancelling the Freedom contract.) This will cost them in the BK.
  • United didn't renew with Mesa because Sky West put up $118 million and Express Jet gave them 40% of the company. These decision had nothing at all to do with Mesa's performance. Both Sky West and Express Jet acted out of desperation because Mesa's lessors were about to cave on rents. This is an an indication of bad things to come at other "Quality Regional Airlines".
  • Bottom line - There are simply too many 50 seat jets in the market place and their corresponding leases and contracts our not in synch. This is the only reason for the Mesa BK and will be the reason for future regional bankruptcies. You can be certain that Mesa will simply reject the excess leases and come out even stronger and even more competitive than it is today.
I am stunned that you folks cannot see how self defeating this type of behavior is. On behalf of the 3,400 people who work hard every day at Mesa trying to earn a living in this crappy industry, I suggest that you back off and take a look in the mirror.

You are looking at your future - enjoy the view.

Nicely stated rene !!!..I would hate to be at a regional that operates only 50 seaters..Talk about having all your eggs in one basket when big brother mainline wants to cut those out obviously..To all the Mesa bashers..Enjoy the unemployment line behind everyone else !!.As some of the A-holes on here have said KARMA IS A B!TCH!!!.. :laugh: :D

Freedom performance

I don't even know how to read what you put up there. What does that show? I only looked at the chart I know how to get to and it was month to date and is what I stated above.
A0 F8 is 38% 2nd to last behind RP. A14 F8 is 62.3% 2nd to last behind OH. However D0 F8 is 79.8% which is first place. Tell me how you justify that connection. Info from ourasa.com.

I posted a chart but unfortunately it is displayed as text. What it shows is the average performance of all carriers for the past six months and Freedom is number 1 in the metrics measured. Freedom operated 100 flights a day.

They also operate a CCF of 99% 2009 full year for UAL. These performance numbers are more than competitive. Sorry the facts don't support your Mesa bashing fantasy. What numbers are you looking at? 6 days of January with 2 bad weather days in CVG? Give us all a break and step away from the keyboard.

Incidentally, if you take the time to review the Delta court documents (which I know you will not) you will discover that Freedom outperformed Comair for every month it operated out of JFK. This is a major point of the lawsuit. This is in spite of the fact the Delta; established the schedules, the block time, did the ground handling, the bags, the catering the passengers and the fueling and deicing. Nevertheless Delta cancelled the contract and disparaged Mesa'a reputation (maybe irreparably) A good example is the incorrect perception of pilots on this board.

In any case my point is this. Mesa is not what you may think (or may want to believe) either internally or externally. Many of us love this company and are determined to see that it survives.

Latest resources

Back