Mesa experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjlifer

Just commuted thru ORD to MEM on a Mesa flight. The flight was pretty full and I had a chance to talk to the Captain before boarding. He was professional and went out of his way to make sure I knew he was going to make sure I got on that flight. The gate agent said it was weight restricted and that I could not ride. He said to me.."wait here and if I do not see you on board I will come and get you..you are getting on" As it turned out there was one open seat and I made it on. The flight was smooth and although there was weather in the MEM area the crew did a great job informing the pax. The flight attendants friendly and professional.

I know it is great sport to rib Mesa and blame them for all the ills in the industry...but we need to remember that there are great people at every airline.

Thanks to a great Mesa crew for getting me to work

Time stamp bump

its good to know there are great people there. that will make it easier to deal with when i get furloughed because they underbid us. viva JO, viva mesa,
viva gay purple wind breakers!!!!

You may find it interesting that other carriers, including mainline pilot groups, are underbidding Mesa for similar work.

new uniform change. The purple windbreaker is no long to be worn. Now anyone that you see wearing them from now on feel free to kick in the nutz because they are the mesa dorks that give the rest of us the bad name. I know JO sucks and all that but like the post there are lot of us that are doing our best to make this place a lil better.

Sounds like the captain was far more professional than some of the crusty mainline "sorry, only one jumpseater" buffoons.

I've had good experiences with the people at mesa. It's just the operation (and leadership ) that's crap.

viper548 said:
I've had good experiences with the people at mesa. It's just the operation (and leadership ) that's crap.

me too.

but what about the main line that accepts the bid?

are they not to blame as well?

and not just talking mesa.

HughBeamont said:
Sounds like the captain was far more professional than some of the crusty mainline "sorry, only one jumpseater" buffoons.

If that is their company's policy, then what do you expect for them to do? Put their job on the line to get you to work?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back