Mesa,Eagle or Colgan....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Relic01

Currently furloughed from Lakes for an undetermined time frame, decided to send out my resume immediately after finding out the news and now I just received job offers from all three and never wanted to be in this position. Eagle may be the ATR or Saab for July, Mesa is said to be all CRJ for the 28th, and Colgan is running half 1900C/D and Saab 340B for the 24th. I need help quickly so I can inform the others of my decision. The whole US Airways thing is scary. Mesa and Colgan have risk there but Mesa also has United and American West; Colgan just US Airways. I also have a buddy at Eagle who has flown there for 5.5 years and is still waiting to upgrade. He thinks it'll take another 12 to 18 months to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Undecided

Last edited:
take your pick....

I probably would stay away from Colgan if I were you after reading about the mx and management issues that flight crews are forced to deal with on a daily basis. Why not stay put and wait the furlough out? I am sure you will be recalled in a short time.

3 5 0

All the Lakes rumors I've heard point to a short furlough. Though I will put a disclaimer stating that I haven't heard all that much as a lowly CFI. Congrats on the job offers, though!

Sorry about the furlough, congrats to the job offers.

I heard Colgan is tough when it comes to commuting, basically have to live at an outstation (I might be wrong).
Eagle - have many friends there, great training, lots of complaints about the management but I think it applies to most airlines. However, it'll be a looong time before you upgrade.
Mesa - don't know much about, except you're right about USAir deal, you just never know.

Would it be possible to delay a class (personal reasons, etc) and look into Chautauqua, Air Wisconsin, PSA or ASA maybe? Have even more friends @ all those airlines and they seem to be pretty happy (except beginning pay, etc) but fairly quick upgrades. It might pay off in the long run to stall as long as you can and maybe get something better? Just an idea, probably not very nice to the three airlines, but wherever you go you might have to stay there for a while, so take your time deciding.

Regardless what you decide, good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back