Mesa Dash Street Capt Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twolinepass

Been here at ASA for a year and a half, and another regional for a year. With the situation at ASA getting worse by the day, it's time to start looking for other options. I know Mesa is what it is, but knowing that I could be stuck here is making me want to crank the wheel to the left into oncoming traffic. Anyway, here goes:

1. Mesa's website says paid during training. I would assume that it would be first year FO pay, even if hired to be a street captain. Is that correct.

2. Do they provide a hotel during training.

3. How long, and where is training.

4. Can you jumpseat while in class.

I'm sure that I'll be crucified for considering this, but I think the pain train is coming at ASA. Fire for effect.

Don't worry about these d-nozzles bagging on you, they fail to see the big picture. Let me be the first to thank you for not going to Go Jet in search of TPIC, and be part of the real problem facing this industry.

You might try www.mesalounge.com or www.airlinepilotcentral.info for more information. The NE is expensive, so take that into consideration; IIRC most planes are going to be outstation based with minimal overnights, but I could be wrong on that.

Good luck if you decide to go that route...

Last edited:
-They will not guarantee you street captain, but if you are not a f-up in training and you have 2500 hrs they will upgrade you in initial training.

-FO pay during training, you pay for your own hotel during ground school, they cover the hotel during sim

-PHX is where ground school is for the dash, sim may be in Canada, it's as long as any other regional training (5-7 weeks)

-no j/s until finished with ground school

get your app in now as they are about finished with the hiring for the Delta JFK operation.

Is there anyone on here that is currently going or has gone through dash training recently that can give more info??

Enough with the bashing of the mesa guys, we all know mesa sucks to work for but last time I checked every single regional pilot out there is underpaid. Don't slam this guy for wanting to get 1000 turbine pic and have a chance to move on....

You cant say ******************************?

WTF?

******************************bag? ******************************?

Okay, no hygene products beginning with D

BoilerUP said:
Don't worry about these d-nozzles bagging on you, they fail to see the big picture. Let me be the first to thank you for not going to Go Jet in search of TPIC, and be part of the real problem facing this industry.

You might try www.mesalounge.com or www.airlinepilotcentral.info for more information. The NE is expensive, so take that into consideration; IIRC most planes are going to be outstation based with minimal overnights, but I could be wrong on that.

Good luck if you decide to go that route...

Good Move!

AWACO said:
Let me be the first to call you a jacka$$ for considering going there.

twolinepass, let me be the first to encourage going to Mesa. This person is using foul language because he COULDN'T work at Mesa as a captain, otherwise, believe me, she/he would've done it for sure.

Mesa is a regional just like another.

Good luck!

Bunny

T-prop said:
-They will not guarantee you street captain,

This alone is enough to turn away my interest. So someone is supposed to "trust" Mesa not to stick them in the right seat of a CRJ at the bottom of the FO list even if they pass the training? Hah...no thanks.

My buddy got hired into the left seat of the dash with 2100tt and 800 multi and 100turbine pic. Outstations are out of JFK. If they screw you over just take the type rating and F-um.

Latest resources

Back