• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Dash incident at PHX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am surprised this never happened in my time at MAG. The ramp in PHX is one big clusterfsck. Rampers used to weave baggage carts, gpu's, airstarts,etc in between planes all the time. Not saying thats what happened here but I figured it was just a matter of time. The turnover there was ridiculous, 75% of the ramp was orange vests (trainees) at any given time.
EDIT: From the pic on the news website, it looks like the plane was arriving at gate B24 or B26 one of the Intl arrival gates (flight was coming from GYM) it was not uncommon for them to marshal planes in without wingwalkers down at those gates due to their low staffing levels. (at least in my exp 3+ years ago)

Last edited:
That looks like a real mess. You know, it is amazing that no one was seriously injured or killed with all that prop shrapnel flying around the ramp.

I thought that would be the easy part. Why is always a better question.
F/O had taken his headset off, slid his seat back and was filling in the log can during the taxi in, at least that's how they do it at SKYW.
PBR

WOW, I just saw the pictures. A Ramper has them in the Crewroom in CAE.

Prop Done, Engine Done, GPU totally Done. That plane isn't gonna fly for a long time. I was shocked by the damage and the fact nobody was killed. One blade flew over the plane and landed 150' away.

Latest resources

Back