• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are "PACE" graduates who interviewed succesfully considered part of the MAPD grads?
Are they also in line for Mesa employment?

DontFeedTheBear said:
There are currently 29 students at MAPD Farmington that have not been hired/interviewed, but do have an interview/hiring preference. They will be interviewed before any street people, as Mesa is meeting capt hiring needs with Jet for Jobs.

29 sounds about right, but about 25% of the last 2 Mesa interviews has been non-MAPD guys (mainly furloughed mainliners), so there is a chance for street guys, even with the MAPD backlog. And there's more MAPD backlog from instructors at ASU by now too.

Are you sure that Mesa is running one GS a month. If that was so, my lil brother was hired in July 2002, and is not in gs yet. The math doesn't work out! [/QUOTE]

Mesa is running about 1 GS a month since Nov 2002 (plus J4J GS's). However, nobody from the pool has been in them. They were Freedom GS's until the new contract (your bro likely has passed up 3 CRJ-700 GS's for Freedom, or at least the MAPD guys in the pool that were hired in July '02 did - heck, Freedom was even hiring MAPD guys who weren't in the pool without even interviewing them!), and, since then, they have been filled with CC Air guys. Nobody hired by Mesa since before Sept. 11th has been invited to a Mesa GS, which is how some MAPD'rs have been in the pool for almost 2 years.

Obviously more Mesa propaganda, but who knows, you may be right, and I may be crazy.
[/QUOTE]

Propaganda?! Whoa' there now hos'! I'm just telling it like it is (or how I think it is). I am not Mesa managment, and have no interest in diseminating false info. If you know my info to be false, please correct it so that the board may be properly informed. But propoganda? Man, that's so NOT what I'm trying to do. Sorry you see it that way, Yogi. You're not crazy, just partially informed, as am I. We're just 2 squirells tryin' to get a nut :)

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back