Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesagrunt said:
Mayday,

If this contract passes we will be buying scope. Buying it by taking it up the ass by management (without lube) and stomping out Freedom before it spreads.

So if you pass this contract then basically you will be like the Free-dumb guys with the exception that you won't be stepping on your fellow Mesa pilots. Instead you'll be stepping on the rest of us.

COME ON STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.....FOR ALL OF US!!!

Is JO paying this ALPA lawyer? Or has JO promised you guys a big raise if you sign this. Look, I don't see how GW would step in and block you guys because it would disrupt service. I don't think it would be a problem for other airlines wih REAL contracts to step in and replace Mesa's flying. The only bad thing would be that you guys would have to leave Mesa & apply at SkyWest, ACA, ASA & Comair........is that really that bad?

Posted by Mesagrunt:

''If this contract does not go through you will see J.O. stall more and more while Freedom grows and grows and grows!

So basically what your saying is J.O. has won again. He's pitted low wages against an alter ego airline and you guys feel you have no other choices, great!

Freedumb grows and your wages suck OR Freedumb is stopped and ALL our wages will suck. There's some good flying out in the Northeast, I'll give you guys some crashpad info when the time comes......

BTW Good post Jeepman. The race is on and Mesa looks poised to take the lead!

Hud said:
you're probably making a lot of us want to vote yes just to spite you jerks. Heck, several of you are so eager to bash us that you seem to have convinced yourselves that the TA has already passed! I'm not gonna make a prediction, but have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

One thing to consider is that many of those complaining about your sub standard contract are those that bargained hard in past negotiations. Comair even spent 89 days on strike to raise the bar. We're just trying to protect ourselves and the industry from our hard fought concessions.

To vote in a sub standard contract would certainly hurt other airlines future contract negotiations. Don't think for a minute other airline's management won't bring up your contract when it comes to it. Makes us proud.

Hud,

First of all I'm not some wimp (I will refrain from using the same vulgarity), and second I am not here to bash Mesa pilots. I also don't think alot of other pilots are here to bash Mesa pilots as well. All we are saying is that what happens with your TA will affect ALL OF OUR LIVES & FAMILIES!!

As far as starting over, yes it's no fun to be at the bottom, but ask yourself this, wouldn't it be nice to get paid even if your flight gets cancelled? The 2nd year pay for RJ FO at SkyWest is $34.51 and if I read your proposed TA correctly you guys wouldn't make that for 5 years? SkyWest is currently in pay talks with our pilot association for 70 & 90 seat jets for the same pay just so that we can remain competetive & keep our jobs and feed our families! I don't think I will approve it, and I would not sign a TA just to spite other people. If you sign that TA just to spite people like me you spite the whole industry & thats not cool at all!

Well, your company's willingness to lowball the entire industry has definitely affected me already and the TA hasn't even passed yet. Let's look at the timeline:

1. ACA is flying as a UAL carrier
2. UAL goes bankrupt, uh oh.
3. UAL seeks bid from carriers to provide UEX service.
4. Mesa and CHQ provide lowball bids.
5. UAL management tells existing carriers you need to cut your costs or else.
6. UAL does not reaffirm ACA's contract.
7. ACA cannot obtain financing for jets on order.
8. Due to non-delivery of expected aircraft, furloughs are imminent.
9. KingAirKiddo is probably going to be furloughed, according to a very recent memo from the CP.

I'd be really interested to hear from Mesa pilots how this is not the case. For all of you who voted no on the TA, thank you...I hope it doesn't pass. For those of you who voted yes, I'll be making more at Home Depot...enjoy that quick upgrade at my expense.

Later.

Right on there KingAirKiddo

This MESA thing is gonna screw all of us IF WE LET IT. I really hope our pilot group is ready to deal with this. I think it is.

I'm really sick of this "feed my family" bs. ALL of us know that...some of the folks on this board held out even when liquidation was threatened. But if the MESA pilots are unwilling to do it, then thats that I suppose. I, for one, would rather quit flying altogether than allow our contracts to be reduced to rubble.

Hope we get some better news soon.

Herman Bloom said:
Right on there KingAirKiddo

I'm really sick of this "feed my family" bs. ALL of us know that...some of the folks on this board held out even when liquidation was threatened. But if the MESA pilots are unwilling to do it, then thats that I suppose. I, for one, would rather quit flying altogether than allow our contracts to be reduced to rubble.

Exactly! It's all relative anyway. If you lower the bar far enough it doesn't pay for me to fly anymore - especially as an FO. Eventually I'd make more in some other career and be home everynight , just not enjoying my career as much. Do Mesa pilots honestly feel they'l be happy 4-5 years down the road making those wages, especially once the industry has righted itself (which it will!)??? Try living in the Northeast on those Mesa wages - I don;t know how the BOS Chit-taco guys do it.

No one at Mesa wants this contract. The only reason people are voting yes is because of timing. You cannot compare Comair's negotiations with ours. It was a very very different time when they were negotiating.

Yes, JO did win if this goes through. This contract is terrible! However, our negotiating committee and ALPA national are telling us we need to go ahead and vote it in. We need to fight this fight another day. We need to step on Freedom while we still can. Unfortunately we will have to live with this crappy contract for a while. To me its worth it to see those Freedom losers pay.

Mesagrunt said:
Unfortunately we will have to live with this crappy contract for a while. To me its worth it to see those Freedom losers pay.

We will ALL pay if you agree to this TA!!!!

I don't think that there's room enough for all of us at Home Depot

Latest resources

Back