• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I've heard, the unions have told current Mesa pilots that it is okay to move over to Freedom, so I don't think it matters whether they are hiring for Mesa or Freedom. I do know that if you have a CRJ-700-900 type on your certificate, and are a Phoenix folk and would like to work for America West, no matter what time you went to Freedom, they won't hire you...ever.

The Mesa pilots didn't solve the Freedumb problem by negotiating this TA, they only increased the number of pilots at Freedumb by the exact number of pilots on the Mesa seniority list.

Mayday

Mayday,

If you think Mesa Pilots should be considered as low as Freedom pilots you may want to educate yourself.

The only reason Alpa is able to squash Freedom is because only 5% of the Mesa pilots went to Freedom. If this contract passes we will be buying scope. Buying it by taking it up the ass by management (without lube) and stomping out Freedom before it spreads. That and getting CCAir pilots back to work are the only things we are gaining by accepting this contract.

Yes, the contract sucks! Unfortuantly it is a bad time to be negotiating. I sat across from a 25 year ALPA lawyer who told us that this is the absolute best we will get. He has seen this before and says you have to know when to hold em. If this contract does not go through you will see J.O. stall more and more while Freedom grows and grows and grows! According to ALPA, if we were to try and strike the Republicans would probably step in and allow J.O. to stall even more. If this TA does not solve the Freedom problem then why is ALPA telling us to vote it in?

Freedom was a management tactic that worked. J.O. won this round. We have no leg to stand on. We will be back!

Enough blame to go around.

Don't forget to point those fingers at the America West pilots who could have made a stand against Freedom just like the USAir pilots did and not allow their flying to go to the non-union start up. Instead they helped screw the ALPA pilots at Mesa and CCAir by not standing up to their managment as well.

brett malone said:
one J4J guy would be hired for every "off the street" Mesa new hire.
Hopefully with the J4J pilot's flying for Mesa I might be able to RELAX on my deadhead's now.

whew....glad to know you'll be able to RELAX back there now. BTW, next time you ride stop by the cockpit, be sure to let me know you're back there, you know, just in case I see something I can't handle.

And another thing...you boys at PSA were THE FIRST to accept a concessonary contract, to the detriment of your "brothers" and ALG and PDT. spare us all your bulls@!t.

Your arrogance blows me away. But something tells me you've heard that before...

What would a WO guy know...

about flying jets????? Very professional, is Springer over?

And, is it too late..

to change my Vote to YES??????? Nahhh, can't do that........but I appreciate all the support out there.......

the turtle said:
...you boys at PSA were THE FIRST to accept a concessonary contract, to the detriment of your "brothers" and ALG and PDT. spare us all your bulls@!t.
Your arrogance blows me away. But something tells me you've heard that before...
Now, now, sweetie, relax it will go in so much easier. Regarding the concessonary contract, you little brothers (PSA pilot group) did'nt even get to vote. Same bastards that passed are TA, are the one's to blame.
So fly away little starling!

Last edited:
disregard the last post, I thought I was responding to one of the pilots from ALG or PDT, just realised I'm corresponding with mesa thrash.
bye bye starling

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back