Mesa ALPA sues Mesa Air Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well...

Unless Johnny O decides to come to the negotiating table and stop blowing off the pilots and the National Mediation Board. Mesa pilots WILL be on strike come October, with the backing of the NMB.

He has shown no sign of even pretending to negotiate at this point.

Johnny O is seeing black helicopters and thinks ALPA is out to shut down MESA rather than see them operate 90 seat RJ's. It might boil down to a pi$$ing contest because Ornstein doesnt liek to be told what to do, even if its the right thing. Tell that to CCair! Who shut them down?? He did! I see a strike in sept or october.
Ornstein believes that "industry standard" wages are a joke as all airlines cant make a profit. So he threatens to shift flying ot the cheapest subsidiary they own. Can you say "westair" "crown airways" "desert sun" "ccair" and "aspen airways"???? He has plenty of 250 hour "san Juan" graduates to take our places.

Freedom and Mid Atlantic?

Mesa might have their problems, but I still cant figure out why ALPA would call Freedom and "Alter Ego" and endorse Mid Atlantic in the J4J deal. Talk about talking out both ends! Don't know how ALPA is going to defend this one.:eek:

"So he threatens to shift flying ot the cheapest subsidiary they own. Can you say "westair" "crown airways" "desert sun" "ccair" and "aspen airways"???? He has plenty of 250 hour "san Juan" graduates to take our places."
--------------------------------------------

Don't you dare put CCair in that group. If anything, JO shifted all CCair's flying to the cheaper Mesa subsidiary. Mesa and there peice of crap contract is what has gotten CCair in the situation we are in today. -Bean

Wiggums said:
ALPA Press Release Is Mesa ALPA going to fight to prevent whipsawing?
No, this has more to do with ALPA's stated position that the "natural dividing line" between major and regional carriers is 50 seats, or fewer. ALPA is trying to strip the 70 seat jets away from Delta Connection and the operation of 90 seat jets by non favored ALPA members would undermine national's position at the airlines they do actually care about.

Beantown said:
"So he threatens to shift flying ot the cheapest subsidiary they own. Can you say "westair" "crown airways" "desert sun" "ccair" and "aspen airways"???? He has plenty of 250 hour "san Juan" graduates to take our places."
--------------------------------------------

Don't you dare put CCair in that group. If anything, JO shifted all CCair's flying to the cheaper Mesa subsidiary. Mesa and there peice of crap contract is what has gotten CCair in the situation we are in today. -Bean

Cape, CCAir is in the same situation as all the other airlines mentioned. This stuff has been going on with mesa for years, buy an airline, shift the flying, strip the assets, and shut them down. THis time ALPA might put a stop to it. lets just hope that DW doenst try to block the -900's or their will be a petition to decertify them.

Jetdriven

"THis time ALPA might put a stop to it. lets just hope that DW doenst try to block the -900's or their will be a petition to decertify them."

I dont think ALPA will be able to do anything about it. I also think they will put pressure on Mesa because of Freedom to stop the 90 seaters. I am pretty sure that the whole reason they are suing Mesa is to try to keep the 70 and 90 seaters off of your property. Why else would they condone Mid Atlantic and frown on Mesa. There is really nothing that ALPA can leagally do to stop Freedome from running (at least not that I know of). I personally think that ALPA is now just grasping for air in a last ditch effort. I hope it works out well for the Mesa guys. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back