• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Air Group Signs Shenzhen Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So for that 12 hr deadhead, you'll get a sweet, sweet 2 hrs of flight pay (plus 12hrs per diem, of course!)

Heh.

Here's a thought, for FO's, the per diem may exceed the DH pay! And the DH pay won't cover the taxes.

Yes, and if history is any guide, United Airlines will be bearing the cost for the crews to travel 'space available' to reposition themselves to Beijing for all assignments, voluntary or not. Don't think for a minute that crews will be positively spaced from America to China because I'm confident those costs weren't considered in the China business model. If ALPA and UAL do nothing, then shame on them.

Last edited:
Chinese regs very restrictive. However 121 international regs much more leniant than chines domestic rules. At mesa wages i would rather live in China anyway

Satan, himself would!!!!!!!!

Stifler now that was funny!!!!

Hehehehe...you know, it's probably going to be some kind of training system so when they meet FAA qualifications they will go onto the mesa seniority list stateside and get super seniority untill all you whiners that don't want to do overnights on the airplane are gone. It's the new mesa academy flowthrough system. They will do it. For half the pay. And like it...

And on their one day off a week they will do their laundry in the restrooms in the terminal!

Hahahahahaha...

Last edited:
Does anybody know how JAL worked? For YEARS (probably still does) JAL was almost all US born and bred captains. However it worked for them I guess could be applied to this. Same with Cathay Pacific right, they use a lot of US pilots, but I think they all go to Australia to get a real license (I'm kidding, whatever the appropriate ICAO license would be).

Eventually I'm sure the Chinese want it to be all Chinese pilots, but out of the box building up a supply is going to be slow. I guess the people of Farmington, NM need to buckle down and learn some Chinese.... :)

You should know that its not called a license, being a CFIse and all.

Medeco

You should know that its not called a license, being a CFIse and all.

Medeco

And if you were half as smart as you think you are you would know that the rest of the world calls it a license, while the US calls it a certificate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back