• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Air Group must shrink to survive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought it was a well-written, informative article. And these are the responses? Are some of you even old enough to fly an airplane?

Wow... How the cocky have fallen.....

I wish I could remember the screen name of the Mesa Captain who told me back in 2001 that the majors deserved to furlough because the pilots got too greedy and asked for too much pay. His contention is Mesa would always rule for his career because they were realistic on their salary demands.
Funny you don't read those posts anymore..... Yes the regionals were successful in pulling down the major's pay which effectively cuts out the spread of what it costs to run a 737 or 320 vs a 99 seat regional jet.
Also, the Mesa pilots always thought that scope would have completely caved by now and they would be flying 320's at bargain prices for everyone.......
My how karma's a bitttttch!

"Also, the Mesa pilots always thought that scope would have completely caved by now and they would be flying 320's at bargain prices for everyone.......
My how karma's a bitttttch!"

Most mesa pilots have not and did not think that way. The CRJ900s were recapured flying from the non-union Freedom which was started up as an internal whipsaw against Mesa pilots during contract negotiations. The Freedom flying was brought under Mesa and ALPA under the terms of the new contract, the price of this scope was the infamous Mesa CBA. Shortly thereafter there was a plan to fly 737-200s under codeshare with UA under Mesa's own banner. Mesa pilots put a stop to that and refused the payrates offered by mgt. Please don't paint with such a broad brush.

Anyone paying attention to the docket will note that several big time players in Mesa's BK have filed massive bills for services rendered in the last 24 hours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back