MESA -200s for UAL...TOAST

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go! passenger count drops 13.6%

Mesa Air Group's go! said a decline in visitors to Hawaii contributed to the interisland carrier transporting fewer passengers in October than a year earlier. The airline saw its passenger count fall 13.6 percent to 54,867 from 63,482.
The 3-year-old carrier also said its load factor, or percentage of seats filled, declined to 65 percent from 70.8 percent following the near-term requirement to accommodate an initial overflow of customers following the merger with Mokulele Airlines.
Revenue passenger miles decreased 17.5 percent to 7.8 million from 9.4 million, and available seat miles shrunk 10.1 percent to 12 million from 13.3 million.

According to last weeks press release, MAGs deal with AAR allows MAG to discontinue all payments for parts and service on a fleet type if MAG stops flying that type. What does this mean? Possibly that JO is working to return all the ERJs to Brazil and transfer the 200s coming off UA to F8 to do the DL flying.

It would save MAG $ in acft mx related expenses/crew training and keep income coming in to pay the plane leases. Of course this scheme is subject to certian variables happening.

I guess we'll find out?

I can tell you for a fact that you are absolutely 100% wrong. The day that Mesa files, the Delta contract will be canceled and there is absolutely NO legal recourse Mesa has to prevent this.

I can tell you for a fact that you are absolutley 100% wrong. So if/when Mesa files and Delta cannot cancel. We will know. PM me if you want to point some money on it?

I can tell you for a fact that you are absolutley 100% wrong. So if/when Mesa files and Delta cannot cancel. We will know. PM me if you want to point some money on it?

Ah... no you are wrong. What you are talking about is an Executory Contract. Put simply, it's a contract between a debtor and another party under which both sides still have important performance remaining. The U.S. Supreme Court defined the term as a contract in which ""performance is due to some extent on both sides" N.L.R.B. v. Bildisco & Bildisco, 465 U.S. 513 (1984). In the Ninth Circuit, a contract is executory if the obligations of both parties "are so far unperformed that the failure of either party to complete performance would constitute a material breach excusing the performance of the other."

The contract between Mesa and Delta is not an Executory Contract. In addition, the contract stipulates provisions for the repudiation of the contract in certain cases, one of which is if either party files for Bankruptcy.

Sorry Charlie, but you are 100% wrong.

Since obviously you are idiot, maybe you can read it directly from
Mesa's 10k (top of page 8)

At the end of the term of the Amended DCA, Delta has the right to extend the agreement for additional one year successive terms on the same terms and conditions. Delta may terminate the Amended DCA at any time, with or without cause, upon twelve months prior written notice, provided such notice shall not be given prior to the earlier of (i) the sixth anniversary of the in-service date of the 30th aircraft added to the Delta Connection fleet by the Company, or (ii) November 2012. The Expansion DCA terminates on the tenth anniversary of the in-service date of the first aircraft. At the end of the term, the Expansion DCA will automatically renew for successive one-year terms on the same terms and conditions unless Delta provides us 180 days prior written notice of its intention to not renew such agreement.

The agreements may be subject to early termination under various circumstances including:
• If either Delta or we file for bankruptcy, reorganization or similar action or if either Delta or we make an assignment for the benefit of creditors;

• If either Delta or we commit a material breach of the code-share agreement, subject to 30 days notice and cure rights; or • Upon the occurrence of an event of force majeure that continues for a period of 30 or more consecutive days. In addition, Delta may immediately terminate the agreements upon the occurrence of one or more of the following events: • If there is a change of control of Freedom or Mesa;
• If there is a merger involving Freedom or Mesa; • If we fail to maintain a specified completion rate with respect to the flights we operate for Delta during a specified period; or • If our level of safety is not reasonably satisfactory to Delta.

Latest resources

Back