Mesa @ $0.08 & Two Incidents!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Incident: Mesa CRJ2 at Grand Junction on Feb 18th 2009, flaps problem
By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Feb 19th 2009 07:54Z, last updated Thursday, Feb 19th 2009 07:54ZThe crew of a Mesa Airlines Canadair CRJ-200 on behalf of US Airways, flight YV-2903/US-2903 from Phoenix,AZ to Grand Junction,CO (USA) with 27 people on board, reported flaps problems while on approach to Grand Junction Airport at about 4300 feet AGL (9100 feet MSL) and climbed back to 14000 feet. Emergency services were deployed by the airport, before the crew managed to land safely on runway 29 about 17 minutes later.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASH2903/history/20090218/1658Z/KPHX/KGJT

Incident: Mesa CRJ2 at Phoenix on Feb 18th 2009, landed with burst nose gear tyre
By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Feb 19th 2009 08:11Z, last updated Thursday, Feb 19th 2009 08:11ZThe crew of a Mesa Airlines Canadair CRJ-200 on behalf of US Airways, registration N77286 performing flight YV-2722/US-2722 from Colorado Springs,CO to Phoenix,AZ (USA), declared emergency reporting nose gear problems while on approach to Phoenix. The crew managed a safe landing and taxied off the runway, where the airplane and the nose gear were checked out by emergency services.

During the final approach the right nose gear tyre was seen burst with parts flopping in the air stream. The airplane rolled out safely and taxied to the gate with the remaining good left nose gear tyre.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASH2722/history/20090218/2228Z/KCOS/KPHX

Well I am guessing standard flat nose low & first to hit the asphalt for the tire blow out, and the flap failure is just part of flying the CRJayyyyyyy.

Tyre? I know it's a Canadian built plane but last I knew they still spelled it tire like us. Or at least the Canadian company that goes by the name Canadian Tire spells it tire.....

I saw the no-flap landing at GJT two days ago. Great job by the Mesa crew. This is not something I would enjoy doing-

Latest resources

Back