Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

S5Dispatch

Any Delta/Northwest dispatchers have any info on a merger? How will they merger the dispatch groups? Will it be in Atlanta? Anyone else have any credible merger information?

Any Delta/Northwest dispatchers have any info on a merger? How will they merger the dispatch groups? Will it be in Atlanta? Anyone else have any credible merger information?
I am at ASA and one of the other dispatchers said he saw on the news that the Delta will be the name and ATL will be the city.. so if that news report was true then it sounds like ATL will keep Delta and add to the G.O. of course the news has been wrong from time to time...

Not a DL or NW dxr here, so I do not have a dog directly in this fight. But I do have a mutt that runs along the fence-line.

Rumor from a very reliable source sez that good ol' Comair is going to "lose" more aircraft near the middle part of this year. Fewer a/c = fewer dxr's. That's all he (or she) knows.

As a personal cost-saving measure, I've decided to discontinue Schlitz and switch to Blatz. Same great taste at a reduced cost. :beer:

any opinions on the regionals merging together to follow behind the majors. it almost seems that's the way things are heading. If you agree who will be the ones to merge and who will be left out in the cold ?

Rumor is SkyWest is looking to AQUIRE not merge, with one or more regionals. They do have 750,000,000 in the bank!

the only reason I was asking was because after Delta and NWA merge it would seem that ohter majors would soon follow. If that were to happen I was wandering about the regionals doing the same thing. I didn't know if it makes since to do that or to kepp everyone seperate.

the only reason I was asking was because after Delta and NWA merge it would seem that ohter majors would soon follow. If that were to happen I was wandering about the regionals doing the same thing. I didn't know if it makes since to do that or to kepp everyone seperate.

In the case of us regional folk, with the "excess" RJ (35/50/70 seat) capacity in the system, we're bound to see quite a few of the current regionals go away or, at the very least, shrink a great deal.

If there is a wave of mergers at the major level, I don't think there will be a wave of mergers between the regional wholly-pwnds or code-share regionals. My guess is that there will be a few regionals smashed together, but not enough to avoid all those lovely "synergies".

Once KwyWest inc. buys up other regionals it would seem that they would be in the catbird seat feeding just about all the majors that would be left after they merge. rumor as I hear it now is that SkyWest Inc. is now pondering over if they should purchase AE. If they do decide to do that they should wait till the end of the year when AA is ready to sell them at the bargin basement price like Delta did ASA. Then it would seem that SkyWest Inc Would indeed be the top of the heep.

Does Skywest have enough extra money to acquire another airline? I wonder who American and Southwest are looking to merge or acquire now that Delta/Northwest and Continental/United are engaged.

Latest resources

Back