• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merger troubles, power struggle over the new company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's nothing. Want to talk about greed and ego? I can't wait to sit back and watch the show when General Lee and his (as Occam put it) "Double Breasted Horde" storm MSP and DTW to "take" the 747-400 positions that are "rightfully" theirs. They "deserve" a better deal than those trailer trash NWA pilots. Just ask them. They are Delta Pilots, after all! ;)

Where are you getting all this crap, man. Have you even started at NWA? Are you basing your perception of an entire pilot group off some posters on a web board that 99 percent of pilots have never heard of? I, of course, have reserved a crash pad at the Romulus Travel Lodge :eek: so I can commute up to that beautiful city by the lake and rightfully take my place on the 74, but that's just me.

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see if either DL or NWA pilots withdraw support for the merger if Steenland maneuvers into a power position with his track record. I could see DALPA jumping ship and contrary to the views of some, I think the entities pushing this want labor's support.

Last edited:
That's nothing. Want to talk about greed and ego? I can't wait to sit back and watch the show when General Lee and his (as Occam put it) "Double Breasted Horde" storm MSP and DTW to "take" the 747-400 positions that are "rightfully" theirs. They "deserve" a better deal than those trailer trash NWA pilots. Just ask them. They are Delta Pilots, after all! ;)

Care to back that up with any facts, or are you just talking out of your ass as usual?
You sound like one bitter ASA pilot!

Fences. For 20 years... I think that's what the pilots will want.

I'm still betting they cannot make this deal fly. Been wrong before...will be again...but that's my take.

I have yet to hear a cockpit conversation at DAL where people are salivating to fly anybody else's airplanes.

Anyone hoping for a merger so they can fly a 747, 777, or 787 is a misguided loser. Most people just want to retire from the same airline they started at.

If it comes down to it, I would expect both pilot groups to protect themselves and lobby for their own interests as best they can. But DAL/UAL/NWA pilots are more similar than they are different and I think the merging of lists will go better than you might think.

The merging of pilot seniority lists might just be one of the least problematic parts of these mega-merger scenarios.

I, of course, have reserved a crash pad at the Romulus Travel Lodge :eek: so I can commute up to that beautiful city by the lake and rightfully take my place on the 74, but that's just me.
Ahhh Romulus.....but I highly recommend the LaQuinta Inn and Resort-Romulus over the travelodge. I've already got my ATL lodging covered....;)

I have yet to hear a cockpit conversation at DAL where people are salivating to fly anybody else's airplanes...

The merging of pilot seniority lists might just be one of the least problematic parts of these mega-merger scenarios.

Absolutely. Many DAL guys think a merger with NWA could even be good (if one ever is). I see fences around the 747 on the big side and around the -9 on the other end of the fleet spectrum. Other than that I see very similar-sized fleets etc. and the possibility of a reasonable merged seniority list that might even draw some approval.

I have never ever met even one DAL pilot who thought that they might waltz into a larger aircraft that another airline was currently flying just because we might merge with them.

Latest resources

Back